Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Optical correction for fisheye

Anti-fog, Anti-Spot Caps, Filters, Polarizers, Macros, Lenses etc. NO Camera issues Please.

Re: Optical correction for fisheye

Postby etsac » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Someone had tried to calibrate the camera with OPENCV and get de distortion coefficients?
etsac

Postby atom » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:29 pm

if you only occasionally need non-fisheye footage from a GP, then software is probably reasonable. with a little experimentation, i made a recipe in kdenlive for de-fishing GP footage. it may not be perfect, but it's god enough for me.

OTOH, if you want the camera to always shoot non-fisheye footage, then a 3rd party lens is probably a good idea.
atom

Postby sjmarcy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:14 am

AnamorphX
sjmarcy

Postby Brumbazz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:56 pm

It is possible, that I totally misunderstood the topic!

But the GoPro studio does a fisheye removal if checked. The exported avi files are rectified and the barrel distortion (or mustache distortion to be more accurate) is removed.

I did a full calibration of the camera back in 2012 with the purpose of rectifying the photage using photoshop and lens profiles (lens profiles can't be used in after effects and premiere), however somehow the parameters of the general cameramodel does not really match that of the lens profile. So I never really got it to work right, and with the GoPro studio it is now pointless.

You can see my old attempt here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFyHP_ ... giyUHw_o3A
Brumbazz

Postby sjmarcy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:56 am

AnamorphX barrel lens works wonder for certain kinds of shots.
sjmarcy

Previous

Return to GoPro Clear Vision