Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Targus TG-MP7010

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Targus TG-MP7010

Postby mtorre02 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi,

I just purchased a Targus TG-MP7010 to use as an extended arm for my go pro. Because it is a monopod, unfortunately the grip and stronger base is on the same side as where you would mount the camera. I'm hopefully looking to convert it so the mount will go on the other end of the pole. Has anyone had any experience converting these over and if so, how?
mtorre02

Re: Targus TG-MP7010

Postby flareside » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:13 pm

On their previous model, the metal stud that the rubber foot spins around could be pulled straight out of the plastic end piece leaving a hole that a 1/4-20 stud threaded into nicely and then a GoPro tripod mount could be threaded onto that. Assuming there is any carryover in the details, it may also work with this model. I should note, it took a fairly strong amount of pull to get it out though. (I actually used a claw hammer working against a pry bar which popped it out rather easily.)
flareside

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models