Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

MacBook pro??

Mac related Editing Software but NOT GoPro Studio

Re: MacBook pro??

Postby suryaprihadi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:21 pm

I digged my old thermal test. Apology, my son MBP is late 2011.
benchmark-pc-mac-for-cineform-2-0-t14396-20.html#p79535
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Ifti » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:44 pm

The cooling system with the new Retina models is much more efficent then the previous MacBook Pros.
The previous units didnt even have any intake vents, whereas the retina models now have proper inatkes at the front end, with the exhausts at the rear.
I do have my notebook elevated on a set of these: http://www.bluelounge.com/products/coolfeet/
I rarely notice my laptop get uncomfortably hot - even during longer renders - and when the fans to speed up they regulate the temperature and bring it down very well......
Ifti

Postby Juliedaisy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 am

Thanks for all the info....think I'm managing to keep up with it all. Didn't realise heat was such an issue a friend sent me a link re an iMac 2.5 intel core 1.5 1.4ghz 8gb 500gb - would that b a better option. It's cheaper but I think a laptop would be more practical! Ps I live in north uk it's always cold :-)
Juliedaisy

Postby Ifti » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:54 am

Juliedaisy wrote:Thanks for all the info....think I'm managing to keep up with it all. Didn't realise heat was such an issue a friend sent me a link re an iMac 2.5 intel core 1.5 1.4ghz 8gb 500gb - would that b a better option. It's cheaper but I think a laptop would be more practical! Ps I live in north uk it's always cold :-)

To be honest most systems are built to cope with the heat - the only issue is the slight noise when the fans ramp up, but as I said they do a good job of cooling the sytem back down, after which its pretty much silent again.

As for that iMAC, personally I'd lok for something a little more powerful.....
Ifti

Postby suryaprihadi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 pm

Ifti wrote:The cooling system with the new Retina models is much more efficent then the previous MacBook Pros.
The previous units didnt even have any intake vents, whereas the retina models now have proper inatkes at the front end, with the exhausts at the rear.
I do have my notebook elevated on a set of these: http://www.bluelounge.com/products/coolfeet/
I rarely notice my laptop get uncomfortably hot - even during longer renders - and when the fans to speed up they regulate the temperature and bring it down very well......

Good to know Ifti, thanks :mrgreen: the older MBP sucks air from keyboard gaps :lol:
Finally they decided to do what is right for a high performance unit :mrgreen:
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Ifti » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 pm

suryaprihadi wrote:
Ifti wrote:The cooling system with the new Retina models is much more efficent then the previous MacBook Pros.

Good to know Ifti, thanks :mrgreen: the older MBP sucks air from keyboard gaps :lol:
Finally they decided to do what is right for a high performance unit :mrgreen:

Yup. The MacBook Air and the older MacBooks all 'try' to suck some air through the gaps inbetween the keyboard keys - which doesnt help if you like to use a keyboard skin like I do!!
The Retinas have some vents at the bottom corners now - take a look at the 2:45-2:50 point in this video - not very clear but you'll see the vents down the side towards the front end of the system:

Ifti

Previous

Return to Mac