Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Can I power my GoPro from a USB port on my motorcycle?

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

Can I power my GoPro from a USB port on my motorcycle?

Postby DeanoBeano » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:21 am

I'm travelling to Ukraine next year and will be running a GoPro Hero 4 on the front of my motorbike. I have a USB port on my motorbike so will it be possible to just plug the GoPro into the uSB port and leave it permanently powered to save the battery running out?
DeanoBeano

Re: Can I power my GoPro from a USB port on my motorcycle?

Postby Ifti » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:47 am

DeanoBeano wrote:I'm travelling to Ukraine next year and will be running a GoPro Hero 4 on the front of my motorbike. I have a USB port on my motorbike so will it be possible to just plug the GoPro into the uSB port and leave it permanently powered to save the battery running out?

Do you know what output the USB port on your bike will provide??
I reckon it will be OK, but would double check.....
Ifti

Re: Can I power my GoPro from a USB port on my motorcycle?

Postby DeanoBeano » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:32 am

No sorry I'm not sure of the output but I'll try it tomorrow once my GoPro arrives.
DeanoBeano

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions