Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Hi from Switronix! We offer GoPro Power Solutions!

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

Re: Hi from Switronix! We offer GoPro Power Solutions!

Postby stevepud » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:56 am

Also, went ahead and bought 2 of these. Only used one so far, but man was it a test!
I used it in Death Valley, Cali. Down Route 66 through Nevada from Vegas to Williams, Arizona, and then 200 miles along ridiculously hot roads (hit 119f). from Williams back via Oatman and Primm to Vegas.

I had my GoPro Hero 3+ Black on the windscreen/windshield and had it powered up for over 4 hours. Never overheated, never gave me any problems at all.
It was on all the time and was ready to go each and every time, exactly when I needed it.

A big thumbs up from me - I seriously doubt the camera would have stayed cool enough if I had powered it via the GoPro USB port. So in my mind well worth the money.
Thanks guys - top product.
stevepud

Postby stevepud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Used them both again this weekend without a hitch. Had both cameras powered up for 6 or 7 hours each.
Of course the one thing the eliminators really highlight to me now is that I should have bought 64GB cards not 32!!!! I filled 4 cards in 2 cameras thoughout the evening and only had to actually touch the cams to change the cards. *sigh*

I love the eliminators though.
stevepud

Postby rws » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Rambo wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JXNX6BU/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Good deal on this at the moment $24

Does this also fit the Hero4?
rws

Postby stevepud » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:43 pm

rws wrote:
Rambo wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JXNX6BU/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Good deal on this at the moment $24

Does this also fit the Hero4?
You mean the one that says "Switronix DVGP3USB GoPro 3/3+" in the title and has a completely different battery to the Hero4....
stevepud

Postby StoneMotions » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Any update on the hero 4 version?

Last I heard it was going to be coming out in November. Hopefully it will be out really soon as I wanted one for when I go snowboarding at Christmas and being in the UK, I would have to wait for delivery on top.
StoneMotions

Postby StoneMotions » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:19 am

Switronix twitter page reckons they will be getting the hero 4 eliminator this monday on the 15th
StoneMotions

Postby scole » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:00 am

FWIW, I asked them for an update about the cable for the Hero 4 via Twitter today and they said they are about 2 weeks away from releasing it. They said they would post on Social Media when they finally release it.
scole

Previous

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions