Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

GoPro direct line in recording issue!

Discuss External Mics, Recorders, etc. No Camera Issues Please.

GoPro direct line in recording issue!

Postby deanfourie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Hey guys, im currently getting my PPL (Private Pilots Licence) and amm recording flight for revision. I am trying to record via direct line in all audio between ATC, myself and my instructor.

Its coming out very soft. Here is a video demonstrating. I have raised the audio level in GoPro studio to its max. Im using a cable purchased for this exact purpose.

http://www.crazedpilot.com/record-aircr ... -intercom/

Still all audio is painfully low!

The video:

Thanks Guys!
deanfourie

Re: GoPro direct line in recording issue!

Postby araruin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:10 am

I'm having a similar issue. I bought the GoPro brand name adapter and a Bromstein DRN-200 microphone. The audio is barely audible. Still not great when pumping up the post editing to the max. I bought the adapter and the mic because the internal mic was so soft, even out of the case. I see all these videos with great audio and am frustrated. Is the Bromstein just a bad mic, or is there an issue with my camera. I'd hate to waste a lot of money on more accessories if its an issue with the camera.
araruin

Postby robinsonresearch » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:40 am

I'm having the same problem as well. I have tried four different types of mics, all with different specs and I only get any sound if I put my lips right up to the mic. The mics I'm testing are meant for conference rooms and sound great when running into a tradition camcorder.
robinsonresearch

Postby Oliver » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:02 am

I ordered the same cable and tried it today in the plane with my GoPro Hero 3+ Black - it worked flawlessly, audio was loud and clear.
Oliver

Return to GoPro Audio