Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

How do you keep track of your batteries

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

How do you keep track of your batteries

Postby Brien » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:37 am

I'm going to Disney World next month and plan on taking my GP. I have plenty of batteries and memory cards that'll be taking. Since they all look alike, what would be the best way to mark them to know which ones are used and which ones are new. Does anyone have any tricks they use?
Brien

Re: How do you keep track of your batteries

Postby gaza4 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:03 am

put numbers on them and use/charge them in numerical order...
gaza4

Postby flareside » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:10 pm

flareside

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:03 am

Also you might want to consider a battery system charger that allows for charging multiple batteries at the same time. Having lots of batteries is always a good idea but also being able to charge multiple batteries at the same time will keep the video rolling..

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby jESse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:39 am

i really like the numbering idea. i'm going to number all mine up. i have most of my gp stuff in plano cases and just use different compartments for charged and discharged. this might be easier
jESse

Postby gaza4 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:25 pm

jESse wrote:i really like the numbering idea. i'm going to number all mine up. i have most of my gp stuff in plano cases and just use different compartments for charged and discharged. this might be easier

and separating charged/discharged numbered batteries is even better!!! haha
gaza4

Postby Fotodiox Pro » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:40 am

My coworker has a great system for keeping track of charged batteries. He just puts a little piece of tape on batteries he's charged and removes the tape when he uses them. Very simple and very effective.
The GoTough line from Fotodiox features a wide array of top-notch accessories, filters, rigs and cases for GoPro cameras. Click HERE to check out our entire GoTough line.
Fotodiox Pro
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby sjmarcy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 am

I do it much more simply. I do it by location. Charged bunch of batteries here...take out of the camera discharged batteries there. Works great in busy and low light settings.

So for instance certain clothing or bag pockets.

For peace of mind have on location charging capability with you, such as a 12v car adapter to USB, and use strong USBs not the low amperage style.
sjmarcy

Postby R GoPro » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:27 am

I like the numbering system. Only problem is I hate to take off my shoes in the cold to count higher than 10. :)
R GoPro

Postby scole » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:10 am

I have two ditty bags for my GoPro stuff and one is labeled "dead GoPro batteries". As I use up a battery, it goes in that bag. :)
scole

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions