Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Z Gear would like to give a way 5 head strap leashes!

Current GoPro Deals, Competitions & GIVE-A-WAYS. Grab a bargain or FREEBIE

Re: Z Gear would like to give a way 5 head strap leashes!

Postby Limmone » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:23 am

Product received last night. Review to come shortly!
Limmone

Postby Drumrocker365 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 am

Hey there! Below is my review:

I love the concept of this product, I would definitely give it 5 stars for the concept, however, there are 2 flaws that disappoint me. First off, the length of the leash (for me personally) is too long. I did some processed test drops and my camera hit the ground every time - keep in mind that the company is pointed towards water sports, and this wouldn't really be a problem in the water, as you an just pull it right back up. That being said, this product DOES NOT work if you're my size (5' 4") for non water activities or activities that do not feature a soft surface below you. The other flaw that I found was that the arm band seemed to loosen and fall off, so I would love to see some rubber added on the inside in the future, similar to the inside of the GoPro head strap. This has been a completely honest review. Overall, I think this is an amazing concept, and most certainly a wonderful first build, but I definitely think there's some room for improvement!

Thanks to Z Gear for this amazing opportunity to test this product out, and I hope this will help you improve and shape your products into something even more amazing!

--
Drumrocker365
Drumrocker365

Postby zgear » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks for trying out our new leash. I understand your concern about the length of the leash especially when using on activities over hard surfaces. We were trying to ensure that the leash did not create any discomfort or limit ones mobility. The use over or under water, snow or air would be the optimum scenario to use this product.

Second concern that you mentioned was inregards to the inner surface of the arm band. It was suggested that it should have some type of grip mateial on that surface like a rubber coating. This is what we have on it currnetly, except it is a very thin layer. It is not a silicon type of bead like the one on the Go Pro head strap but we can certainly use this input to further improve on this grip type application for the arm band. Thanks for your participation.
zgear
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby PaulPtk » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:49 pm

hey guys, i would use it for surfing. I am a good surfer and the thing is, i cant use the normal head strap when it slips off my head it would be gone. So this one would be perfect for surfing. I would post my Videos of it on Vimeo and would tell which accesoires i used. I would also tell the local surfshops about the product cause they might be interested in selling it too :)

Paul
PaulPtk

Postby Drumrocker365 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:17 am

zgear wrote:Thanks for trying out our new leash. I understand your concern about the length of the leash especially when using on activities over hard surfaces. We were trying to ensure that the leash did not create any discomfort or limit ones mobility. The use over or under water, snow or air would be the optimum scenario to use this product.

Second concern that you mentioned was inregards to the inner surface of the arm band. It was suggested that it should have some type of grip mateial on that surface like a rubber coating. This is what we have on it currnetly, except it is a very thin layer. It is not a silicon type of bead like the one on the Go Pro head strap but we can certainly use this input to further improve on this grip type application for the arm band. Thanks for your participation.

Hey there,

I did go back and feel that the arm band does have a bit of a grip to it. This is definitely a minor flaw and the current grip works pretty well, I still personally think it could be improved though! Thanks again.
Drumrocker365

Postby zgear » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:29 am

zgear wrote:Thanks for trying out our new leash. I understand your concern about the length of the leash especially when using on activities over hard surfaces. We were trying to ensure that the leash did not create any discomfort or limit ones mobility. The use over or under water, snow or air would be the optimum scenario to use this product.

As a side note when concerned about the length of the leash when stretched out, especially over harder surfaces. We suggest that you were the leash under your jacket or even under your shirt if you are not wearing a jacket this way If the head strap comes off it will only dangle off the collar and this will definitely keep it from hitting the ground. We tried making the leash shorter but it is not as comfortable as how we have it currently. Do you think you can try this out. Let us know how it worked out.
zgear
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Limmone » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:39 pm

I posted my review on Amazon. I didnt know where else to post it. If you would like me to post one on any other site please let me know! :D
Limmone

Postby zgear » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:45 pm

zgear wrote:
Limmone wrote:I would love to test out this product. I could see myself using it for cliff jumping or rope swinging in the summer and it would be great to help keep the head strap mount from falling off my head when riding my bmx bike!

sounds great, PM your name and mailing address so we can send you one!

Can you post your review under product review section on this forum.
zgear
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Atreyu3269 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:29 am

I'm currently deployed and this would come in handy for a lot of things we do. and i would of love one of these when I was rock climbing almost lost my GP a few times while climbing.
Atreyu3269

Postby Drumrocker365 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:12 am

zgear wrote:

As a side note when concerned about the length of the leash when stretched out, especially over harder surfaces. We suggest that you were the leash under your jacket or even under your shirt if you are not wearing a jacket this way If the head strap comes off it will only dangle off the collar and this will definitely keep it from hitting the ground. We tried making the leash shorter but it is not as comfortable as how we have it currently. Do you think you can try this out. Let us know how it worked out.

I know this is really late, however, I need to say this. I want to apologize for being too hard on your product when I reviewed it. I didn't realize it was mainly for water sports, and when I went back and tried using it again while going white water rafting, it was incredible! I took your recommendation and put the life jacket over it, and it was protective, comfortable, and quite honestly it looked pretty cool :P. In the end, after testing this product for quite a while more, it's definitely a 5-star product, and it's an essential that everyone needs to have!
Drumrocker365

Previous

Return to GoPro User Sponsor Deals and GIVE-A-WAYS - Freebies