Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Custom made GP2 C-Mount

Anti-fog, Anti-Spot Caps, Filters, Polarizers, Macros, Lenses etc. NO Camera issues Please.

Custom made GP2 C-Mount

Postby Maciozaurus rex » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 am

HI guys!

I just made my GP2 c-mount adapter.

Here some photos

And video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLWRDYpdiIw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1PM1LTl5yk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCsN3xV-bQ

Now i will try to find solution to block exposure settings. Any idea?

(sorry for my english)
Maciozaurus rex

Re: Custom made GP2 C-Mount

Postby PatrikLind » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:47 am

Do you have a guide explaining how you put it together and what parts you used?
Impressive solution!
PatrikLind

Postby Maciozaurus rex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:14 am

You must get inside to the sensor and cut off 1/4 of lens adaptor than made same front element as mine and sepcial made c mound adapter(i made it by my own) and put it together:)

Most expensive was IR cut off filter(hi end one)
Maciozaurus rex

Postby jerrybboy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:17 am

Looks very nice. Nice build !
jerrybboy

Postby eqsOne » Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Stunning diy-Novo, awesome shots!

Would you mind to tell what 8/12mm 1.4 Tamrons you exactly used? There are versions for different sensor sizes, are these the 2/3"?
What 'high end' IR cut off filter did you choose to built in?
I'd be somewhat curious to see a build-log.
eqsOne

Postby Maciozaurus rex » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:26 am

I use the 2/3 " but smaller should work to. I use ir cut of from high speed camera it cost something about 100 $ but you can use normal ir cut off(now i know). First thing you have to do is cut of the plastik flange(remove oryginal lens)than take out lens mounting element and cut about 8-10 mm from top of flange. Put all together and instal front element with c-mount adapter. When i made mine i have got problems with bagnet distance but i made it:)
Maciozaurus rex

Postby eqsOne » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Hey again, thanks for your reply!

After some research I gave it a try with my Hero3. I din't want it to loose it's origin function as waterproof actioncam, so I just cut off the front metal ring which holds the lens' plastic cover, put two M1,6 screws in the surrounding metal aera and grinded a common c-/cs-mount Adaptor down to 2,5mm, which can now be attached with screws.
As you said, the original lensholder has to be shortened a little to not cause vignetting plus I still need to attach a 1/4" thread to make it mountable and get still shots.

I ended up with a Pentax 6mm for 1/2" Sensors (thread has to be shortened about 1mm to reach infinity focus) and a B+W UV/IR cut filter. Although it's a high quality filter, it does not work well in this combination, probably because it's meant to be used on top of a common hotmirror. Although my field of view is only about 45 degrees, it causes bad blue/purple vignetting, especially on dark aeras. Bokeh and blurred parts doesn't look too good too yet, and I don't think its the Pentax itself.

I'm now about to try a Kolari Vision UV/IR Hotmirror, which was designed to bring full spectrum converted cameras back to visible wavelengths and take normal pictures, just like original hotmirrors do. Had to get it in the US, so shipping may take a while..

Without the attached c-mount ring still usable as original Hero3.

Exact focussing with the LCD Backpack is almost impossible. Luckily you can plug in a mobile hdmi Monitor for a bigger view.

Bad purplish vinetting in dark aeras. Focus on the crankshaft cover.

Hard to get a crisp focus with the tiny LCD.
eqsOne

Postby fantasticmrfox » Fri May 23, 2014 5:30 am

can you please make a tutorial on how you made this. I really want to build one. :D
fantasticmrfox

Postby ireen82 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:14 am

Im very new to gopro but im deciding to buy it and modify it for my film project. Could anyone please share simple instructions how to get the results like this? --^-- pretty please?
ireen82

Postby flareside » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:15 am

This is about as simple as it gets. http://www.back-bone.ca/product-categor ... e_cameras/
flareside

Return to GoPro Clear Vision