Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

HydRemote Remote Cable Systems

GoPro User Sponsors can introduce themselves here and post information about their Products, Sales offers, and Competitions. Please support them.

HydRemote Remote Cable Systems

Postby soundkite » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 am

Hello Everyone,

First, thank you GoPro User Forum, contributors and Admins, for creating such an informative site. You have been extremely helpful as I pursued the creation of a remote cable system which could suit my needs! As a thank you, I'm excited to offer members of this forum the first opportunity to try the HydRemote Cable System and receive a useful reward... but first, let me tell you a bit about the cable and how this all came about.

In October 2011, I was astounded to learn that 4 newly weaned harbor seal pups were using my old windsurfer as a resting platform from dawn to dusk. I kept the board tied to a buoy here on Puget Sound. For the ensuing 2 months, I would safely paddle out in the darkness to mount my cameras before the pups arrived for the day. Sadly, I would have to start recording and simply hope that the pups arrived in the first couple hours before the batteries died. These were the days before the wifi BacPac, but even with wifi, I'm not sure they would have the range I need or allow me to control the underwater cameras.

The idea for waterproof long range wireless remote control was born in my mind. After learning as much as I could from the Hero Bus ideas on this forum, then a few rounds of tooling and R&D, the HydRemote Cable System is ready for public consumption! With this system, I can remotely record video and photos, both above and below the surface. The cable allows me to connect my favorite remote controllers, including Pocket Wizards, intervalometers, and many other devices, and initiate recording hours or days later. If this sounds intriguing, I invite you to watch the HydRemote videos here, on hydremote.com, and on my HydRemote Youtube channel. Please note that this system works with Gopro HD Hero and Hero2 cameras only. The camera must be set in 'One Button Mode' to start recording when powered on.

If this system is right for you, please PM me from your GoPro User Account, confirm your order #, and I will send you a free waterproof LCD BacPac door to use with your cable system instead of modifying one of your own! Before ordering, please familiarize yourself with the accessory items you will need, as well as HOW this cable controls your GoPro camera. I also recommend that you first play with 'One Button Mode'. The door will ship separately from your Amazon order. Shipping of the BacPac door is free for addresses here in North America. Other shipping locations will require a PayPal payment for actual shipping costs. Also, this is first come, first served, 20 uLCD BacPacs available.

Lastly, with so many creative GoProaholics on this forum, I'm excited to see what kind of uses you guys come up with!

Ethan Janson
Seattle, Washington, USA
Last edited by soundkite on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
soundkite
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: HydRemote Remote Cable Systems

Postby WD Pro » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:00 am

It sounds like a very interesting product 8-)

Extra versatility is always good and opens up new opportunities for filming :D

WD :D
WD Pro

Postby soundkite » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks WD Pro. I just started a HydRemote thread in the "GoPro Remote Controllers" category for forum member to post their thoughts and ideas. Also, I suspect some product reviews will start showing up in a few more weeks. BTW, I love your QR code avatar idea!
soundkite
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby WD Pro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 am

Guess what's arrived ... 8-)

WD :D
WD Pro

Postby HiddenLotus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Hey all, I am new (relatively) to the FPV world and have been looking for options to view GoPro (Hero3+ Silver) from a distance around 800' for starters and will expand when able.

I've seen videos where one can stream GoPro footage live on their PC using VLC...
(https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=st ... FORM=VIRE7)

After attempting this method, I was unable to maintain a video connection for more than two seconds. This is my first roadblock.

Assuming someone here is capable of helping me understand the problem, I was hoping to use a 2.4ghz WiFi antenna to receive solid video streaming from the built-in GoPro WiFi (perhaps similar to this one.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product)

If anyone can offer a solution or point me in the right direction, I would be extremely grateful.

Fly Safe and Fly Far!
~JG
HiddenLotus

Return to Meet the GoPro User Forum Sponsors & Supporters