Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Hero 4 black stopped recording audio

Discuss External Mics, Recorders, etc. No Camera Issues Please.

Hero 4 black stopped recording audio

Postby ferrero4black » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:02 am

Hi boys

I am new in the forum and I bring you a new riddle.

I was recording videos with my GoPro and when I finished I noticed it didnt have audio :S :o :o

I will describe the situation as it happened:
As I said I was recording and decided to conect to a monitor with the mini-hdmi port it has so i can see in real time what am I filming. I had ro memorize some text so it took me many trials to make it, so I decided to conect also to the mac to charge while recording. At first it was on file transfer mode so I close the mac to stop that mode, and I finally made it to charge and record at the same time (It didnt work at the first time so i think what i did i started recording and then plug in the cable to charge) and after some time, when i finished I went to GoProStudio to edit and stuff and I realized I did not have audio on ANY of the videos (wtffff??) so i made some test (that same day) in diferent quality of recording and i didnt achieve different results, no audio. (I even rename the .lrv files into mp4 in case i could find the audio there)
Oh I have to say that in the plug in and record moments my camera froze a few times and I remove the battery at least 3 times
I was so sad blablabla and next day i made again the test in diferent modes of video (i think it was 12 different video modes) and started watching from the last (720 240fps) and no audio.. hopeless at that point and then i get to the number 10 video and it had 2 secs of audio and then nothing ( so 11 and 12 video no audio either as I said) but the 9 rest videos had audio!!! then I thought maybe I can only record 9 videos with audio (Idk, was desperated). and deleted some and record.. but nothing

Any clue why was that?

Hope you enjoy your time trying to help me :geek: :ugeek:

Thanks guys!
ferrero4black

Re: Hero 4 black stopped recording audio

Postby ferrero4black » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:22 am

Come one guys somebody must know something about it!
ferrero4black

Postby eduardograndio » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:00 am

Still no audio on my Hero 4 Black.

Nobody can help?
eduardograndio

Postby suryaprihadi » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Try to use VLC video player first if on MAC, and if on PC, use MPC.
Unless ur mic is busted, it could be player not compatible.
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Return to GoPro Audio