Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Hero4 Silver vs Geekpro

We all love our GoPro but if we have to mention the Others please do so here. This is not to be used as promotion or advertising of links to resellers.

Hero4 Silver vs Geekpro

Postby goproainm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:21 pm

I hate to bring up the name Geekpro here, but I don't know where else to ask.

The hero 4 silver may be a little too expensive for me (single parent), so I was looking at the geekpro line.

The things that I want most are:
- an LCD screen in the back
- 64GB micro SD card option
- A removable battery (with decent battery life - 2 hours at least)
- An FOV option, or something that I can use to - not - have every video or photo be a fish-eye panoramic field of view.

From what I have seen, the geekpro line is lacking FOV and 64GB card options.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks.
Mac
goproainm

Re: Hero4 Silver vs Geekpro

Postby suryaprihadi » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:25 am

Geekpro is not comparable to Silver 4.
The way I see it its those SJ cam type internal engine, as with most China rebranded cams.
It is cheap at US$80 at Amazon, buy it and try it.
The 2.0 can only do 1080p 30fps, so that is one cheapo unit processor wise and sensor won't be Sony. It wont be a touchscreen I think.
At such low price, no worry, there is no remorse and whatever perfromance it has, is should be acceptable, as it is only US$80.
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: Hero4 Silver vs Geekpro

Postby goproainm » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Thanks for the comments.
goproainm

Return to Other POV Cameras - Non GoPro