Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

editing question / problem?

Discuss the GoPro Hero4 Silver Here

editing question / problem?

Postby Uncleroger » Fri May 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Thank you in advance.
New to this and after recording many pictures and videos at Epcot last week, I find that when entering a photo next to a video in the editing program, the result after converting is: "when the photo comes up", (it scans through (very quickly),every picture I had taken that day), but not just the photo I want to display in the video. Please excuse me if this is an obviously "dumb" question as I am new to this and trying to learn. Again Thank you in advance for your advice ~
Uncleroger

Re: editing question / problem?

Postby zoarquenix » Fri May 27, 2016 1:02 pm

What video editing software did you use?
I think you have imported all the image sequence into the editing timeline.
Some editing software allow us to import all the image, creating a timelapse just by importing one image with the "image sequence" check box on (this is on Adobe Premiere Pro).

Might try see if similar stuff is checked when you're importing the image.
zoarquenix

Postby Uncleroger » Sun May 29, 2016 11:19 am

Thank you for responding,
I used the GoPro editing software.
I took video and pictures and saved (uploaded) to GoPro editing software as provided upon the purchase.
I am only familiar with windows movie maker and am quite new to this.
I moved the files that I wanted to include in my video as instructed. I then find that "when the video plays", "THE INDIVIDUAL PICTURES" THAT Show up on the first part of the editing process screen) I get within that individual picture (when played) a very fast run of every individual photo taken that day. I do not see or understand any setting in this regard.
Perhaps I had in-proper settings when taking the photo's? as each picture seems to have a very large file count.
Again thank you in advance for your help!
I even tried creating a "beginning timing sequence as well as and ending timing sequence to no avail?) I don't understand and can find no adjustment settings.
I am lost on this one and appreciate any help at all as I do not wish to loose the photo's.

:-)
Uncleroger

Postby PTCX » Sun May 29, 2016 1:56 pm

GoPro Studio will import ALL photos from a folder and display them as a timelapse sequence if you select just one photo from a group.
If you wish to insert one photo into the timeline there are a few things to do.

Any photo you want in the final video will need to be put into a folder on it's own with no other files.This is the only way to import one single still image.You will need to repeat this for each individual photo you want to use in a project.

When you import that photo into GoPro Studio (STEP 1 View & Trim) look in Advanced Settings and choose the length of time you want the photo to show in the video.
The choices are 2 seconds or 5 seconds.
You can import the photos as described from individual folders,apply desired settings and then convert a number of photos at the same time.

In STEP 2 EDIT,if you want a photo to show for more time put the same photo into the timeline next to the first and the photo will show for twice the time.The photo in the media list can be dragged to the timeline repeatedly as many times as you like.

So this means if you have a project that you want video and still photos in you must go through the import and convert stages twice,once for video and once again for photos.

I hope this sends you in the desired direction.Enjoy. :)
PTCX

Postby Uncleroger » Tue May 31, 2016 11:24 am

Thank you so much PTCX!
This is very helpful and makes sense!
However, I am still stuck and sorry about that!
How to I save each photo to a single file?

TIA!
Uncleroger

Postby PTCX » Tue May 31, 2016 11:47 am

Just create a new folder and copy the photo & paste it into that new folder.
As long as each photo is in a folder of it's own with no other photos in it they will import as a single photo in GPS.
PTCX

Return to GoPro Hero4 Silver