Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Extended Exposures With Hero 4 Silver?

Discuss the GoPro Hero4 Silver Here

Extended Exposures With Hero 4 Silver?

Postby LTCSZ » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:03 am

Need some help with my Hero 4 Silver...Is it possible to take extended exposures with this camera? I want to try some shots of the upcoming meteor shower on the night of Aug 11-12...It is recommended that one use 60 second exposures...If it is possible on my camera, I have not yet been able to figure out how to do it! Advice for the exposure-impaired would be appreciated!
LTCSZ

Re: Extended Exposures With Hero 4 Silver?

Postby PTCX » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:31 am

Yes you can take extended exposures but only as long as 30 seconds.

In Photo mode press the wifi button to enter photo settings menu.
The first item is Mode,select Mode then your options are Single,Contiuous and Night,select Night.
When Night is selected the options for Shutter Time will apear in the list of settings.
Select Shutter and scroll through to the desired exposure time.The choices are Auto,2,5,10,15,20 & 30 seconds.

To take it further you can elect to turn on Protune which will give you manual control over White Balance,Colour,ISO limits and Sharpness.

For a more detailed information read pages 37 through 42 in the manual.
http://cbcdn1.gp-static.com/uploads/pro ... VA_WEB.pdf

These same settings can be set in Timelapse mode too.
PTCX

Return to GoPro Hero4 Silver