Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

External power options

Reliably Power your GoPro, USB, Dummy Battery, etc

External power options

Postby dannymac » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi I'm new here and new to the camera. I have a hero 4 that I will be using to shoot a car scene for a short film (attached to the windshield inside the car) I am using the bluetooth and iPhone as a monitoring device. In tests we see the camera battery is draining down quite quickly when shooting this way. Is there a way to power the camera from the car or other external power source? thank you.
dannymac

Re: External power options

Postby sidd finch » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:24 am

Yes there are a few options. The most convenient is the battery bacpac. GoPro makes one as well as Wasabi and a few others.

If you are looking for a really extended charging system there are a number of Portable Power Bank usb batteries in many different capacities.

Hope this helps.

Sidd
sidd finch

Re: External power options

Postby PTCX » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:24 pm

You could use a USB charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket or if the car has a USB outlet you could use that.
There are also some USB chargers available that connect to the cars battery or can be hardwired into the electrical system that work well.
I have a 2 Amp and a 1 Amp installed in my dash for constant power to the GoPro in the windscreen and to charge spare batteries using a battery Bac-Pac.

Google "hardwired USB car charger".
PTCX

Return to GoPro External Power Solutions