Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Serial number

Discuss the GoPro Hero4 Silver Here

Serial number

Postby Cots » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:16 am

Hey guys,

I have had my GoPro taken and I fear pawned. I need to get my serial number so I can check if it has been pawned and I can register it stolen with the police. I have my sd card and I'm hoping someone can help me get the serial number from one of the images.

Thank you
Cots

Re: Serial number

Postby PTCX » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:34 pm

If you kept the box the camera came in the serial number is on the box.

If you have manually updated firmware and had to supply your details,name,email and serial number during the update process GoPro may have that information on file.No guarantee but it could be worth a try to contact GoPro Support to find out.They might have other ideas on how to retrieve the serial number too.

There was a thread recently that discussed a way to read hidden information in photo/video files but I can't find it,sorry.
Maybe someone else knows where that thread is and will chime in or if I spot it I'll post a link here.
PTCX

Return to GoPro Hero4 Silver