Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

SD Card File Structure Question?

Tests, Issues, Card Readers, Maintenance, Duds, Recommendations, Deals

SD Card File Structure Question?

Postby LTCSZ » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Question on SD card behavior...Just finished filming my Grandson's summer musical with my Hero4 Silver...GoPro did a great job...Ran for 1 hour 14 minutes straight...(There was no intermission!) 64gb card..When I got home to view the video, I noticed that the camera had split the video into chunks of about 3,907,000kb...It did not miss any content and kept right on filming, but split the video into 4 parts...Is there a reason why this happened? I think I can join the four parts of the video, but I would prefer that it did not happen again! Did I do something wrong or what? Advice appreciated! Thanks!
LTCSZ

Re: SD Card File Structure Question?

Postby PTCX » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 pm

That is normal and you can not change it.
It's called Chaptering and it is the way the FAT file system works,it won't allow a file to be more than 4GB.
All the files will join together seamlessly without missing a single frame.
PTCX

Re: SD Card File Structure Question?

Postby misterwillguitar » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:57 am

sorry to jump into another thread, but I have been finding that the chaptering seems to lose footage on both my gopro hero4black cameras.
Are there any tips on what I may be doing? Its a split second each time, but it is very definite and not "seamless"

Mr.Will
misterwillguitar

Return to ALL SD/MicroSD Card Discussion