Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Glastonbury Tor Aerial Video!

General Outdoors, Cycling, Kites, Skateboards, Hunting etc. No camera issues please.

Glastonbury Tor Aerial Video!

Postby chdslDave » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Good morning to you all

A few of you lovely people may have visited the spectacular Glastonbury Tor with the iconic St Michael's Tower over the years so here is a Xmas video offering to you all. Glastonbury Tor is one of the most famous landmarks in Somerset, if not the whole of the West Country and can be seen for miles around whilst having huge spiritual significance for many people.

The day before this wee video was shot the Met Office forecast predicted there could be some temperature inversion and brocken spectre sorcery going on. So my better half and I had an Alpine start to try and catch dawn breaking whilst hopefully avoiding disturbing the general public with my Quadcopter. Anyway if interested in viewing a 3 minute HD vid of one of the wonders of the South West featuring sweeping aerial views, temperature inversions, brocken spectres and an epic dawn breaking over the Somerset Levels then please use the following link:

All constructive feedback welcome, please feel free to share and hopefully it will enliven a tea or lunch break up with a brew and biscuit and transport you to gorgeous Glastonbury! :-)

Merry Xmas to you all

Dave
chdslDave

Re: Glastonbury Tor Aerial Video!

Postby sidd finch » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:53 am

Dave that was incredible. exceptionally vice video that made the tower look great. I enjoyed this one a lot.

My only suggestion would be to start the video at the :41 mark as this shot was breath taking. Like wise the shot at 1:03 or 1:19 would also work. I think I would either consider leaving the first 30 seconds on the cutting room floor or mix them into the video at a later point. But all in all an exceptional video.

Thank you for sharing
Sidd
sidd finch

Postby chdslDave » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:13 am

sidd finch wrote:Dave that was incredible. exceptionally vice video that made the tower look great. I enjoyed this one a lot.

My only suggestion would be to start the video at the :41 mark as this shot was breath taking. Like wise the shot at 1:03 or 1:19 would also work. I think I would either consider leaving the first 30 seconds on the cutting room floor or mix them into the video at a later point. But all in all an exceptional video.

Thank you for sharing
Sidd

Hey Sidd

Thanks a million for taking the time to post your kind words and constructive critique as it is muchly appreciated. Yep I agree that the shot of the tower,mist and breaking sun at 0.41 was a real money shot and I was sorely tempted to use it as the opener. However I was keen to use the shot going through the entrance/exit then up into the air to set the scene but in hindsight you are probably right! Thanks once again and a very Merry Xmas to you! :-)

Cheers

Dave
chdslDave

Postby sidd finch » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:34 am

Dave, I watched this again a couple of times and it is really cool. I think the shot that should be moved is the shot at :29. The video has such cool other shots and nice panoramas that the shot at :29 seemed out of place. England has such cool iconic places that are located in some pretty picturesque locations with not a lot of other things in the way to clutter up the video.

Great job and I look forward to more of your adventures. Happy Christmas.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby chdslDave » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Hey Sidd thanks once again for all your constructive feedback as it is muchly appreciated! Happy New Year to you! :-)
Cheers
Dave
chdslDave

Return to GoPro Outdoors