Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Colours changing on import to Cineform Studio?

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

Colours changing on import to Cineform Studio?

Postby Rambo » Tue May 13, 2014 1:54 pm

If Studio detects the source was shot with Protune enabled, it will automatically apply the Protune preset. This enables the proper LUT and adds a little bit of sharpening. This is done with metadata and is nondestructive.
This is done to help users have an easy way to correct Protune source and get to a good starting point for further grading.
Just click the "None" preset or "Reset All" button in the edit room to disable it. Then you can see the "before" in the edit room.

With the latest Studio Version, you can click the "Advanced Settings" button in the import window and toggle "Auto Develop Protune Clips" button to have it apply the metadata or not when converting. There is no difference in the video file the original image is always preserved. These corrections are all done via Active Metadata.
Rambo
Site Admin

Re: Colours changing on import to Cineform Studio?

Postby suryaprihadi » Tue May 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Awesome info....tx u
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby shekh » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Rambo wrote:With the latest Studio Version, you can click the "Advanced Settings" button in the import window and toggle "Auto Develop Protune Clips" button to have it apply the metadata or not when converting.

Seems the option is removed long ago. Here is what it looks like with 2.5.3:
settings.png
settings.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 5633 times

Any chance to opt out of automatic protune preset? I tried deleting all presets except "none" but it does not help :)
As I see it "protune" preset simply cuts whites and blacks, which does not seem good idea for me.
shekh

Postby Brumbazz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:41 am

Has anyone found a way to disable the auto protune preset. For one, I think it really overdoes things, secondly I edit on two computers and switching the preset off on one computer has no effect on the other, so I need to manally go through all my clips twice, once on each computer.

This also seems to be the case for the flip function, when rendering to .avi clips are only flipped on one computer, the copies do not show up flipped on the other.

I like the export to .avi from gopro studio but it would be so nice with a no nonsense function. A function that does nothing but convert to avi and possibly removes fisheye distortion.
Brumbazz

Postby Brumbazz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am

Let me answer this with the help from CineForm GoPro support, this is pure gold :-)

Support wrote:There's a way you can have it not auto develop protune clips. Here's how:
Browse here (manually type this in and replace '(your username)' with the actual username you use to log into windows:
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\GoPro
Then right click on the 'appsettings' file and choose 'open'. Choose Notepad to open the document.
Not far down, look for the line that says ""bAutoDevelop": true,"
change the word 'true' to say 'false'.
Save and close the file. Then launch Studio and now it should convert the file to look exactly as it was shot.
Let me know if you run into any problems with this procedure.
Kind Regards,
Jake Segraves
Technical Support Manager
CineForm | GoPro...be a HERO.
Last edited by Brumbazz on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumbazz

Postby Brumbazz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:37 am

To avoid having the template browser pop up:

"templateBrowser": false

Since I have never used a template, this is also very nice. However, with the AutoDevelop disabled I don't have much point going to step 2.

With those minor adjustments the program for me is perfect. Just import all the footage, convert it, and done! Happy days :-)
Last edited by Brumbazz on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumbazz

Postby shekh » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks for sharing this!
shekh

Postby no66 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 pm

Brumbazz wrote:Let me answer this with the help from CineForm GoPro support, this is pure gold :-)

Support wrote:There's a way you can have it not auto develop protune clips. Here's how:
Browse here (manually type this in and replace '(your username)' with the actual username you use to log into windows:
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\GoPro
Then right click on the 'appsettings' file and choose 'open'. Choose Notepad to open the document.
Not far down, look for the line that says ""bAutoDevelop": true,"
change the word 'true' to say 'false'.
Save and close the file. Then launch Studio and now it should convert the file to look exactly as it was shot.
Let me know if you run into any problems with this procedure.
Kind Regards,
Jake Segraves
Technical Support Manager
CineForm | GoPro...be a HERO.

Does this still work?

Was surprised the other day when recording a "flat" protune video and having the color preset applied. Too get the correct flat file one has to export again.

I was sure that in previous versions, conversion gave the same image out as in....

If I doesn't work, I can convert in Resolve with the media manager.
no66

Postby no66 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:20 am

Duh, under Preferences, set it to Advance Clip Control and the option for not processing protune will come up in the advanced setting menu...
no66

Return to GoPro Studio Software