Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

"Spot the Location" Aerial Video!

General Outdoors, Cycling, Kites, Skateboards, Hunting etc. No camera issues please.

"Spot the Location" Aerial Video!

Postby chdslDave » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:16 am

Good afternoon to you all

Here's a short Showreel video I have cobbled together which may be of interest and I'm about to submit for a drone videography competition called #400ftBritain - basically a Best of Britain from the air. This vid required a lot of brutal and freezing early starts, especially over the Xmas/New Year break, when more well balanced folks are probably fast asleep, travelling to various locations in SW England and South Wales to catch the sunrise in an attempt to get the best light. As most of the featured locations or landmarks are quite well known I suspect those who live in the UK will recognise many. However if you fancy a challenge (and the mountain shots count as 1 location) there are 17 specific locations or landmarks so see how many you can identify from this unique perspective. If you manage to get all 17 you win a virtual pat on the back and rousing chorus of "For he/she's a jolly good fellow" from me!

Anyway if interested in viewing a quick 3 minute HD video featuring some of the wonders of the UK then please use the following link:

All constructive feedback welcome, please feel free to share and hopefully it will brighten up a tea or lunch break up with a brew and biscuit and transport you up into the skies! :smile:

Cheers

Dave

PS Please note most the film was shot very early or late in the day to try and avoid disturbing anyone, the climbers + walkers were spoken to in advance and were very happy to be filmed and permission was granted for the odd location which required it!
chdslDave

Re: "Spot the Location" Aerial Video!

Postby sidd finch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:15 am

Wow some really nice shots. I think that the early morning really helps to make the scenes much more interesting. Did yo have to stabilize a lot of the shots? I ask because the one shot of the waves alpping at the island seemed like it was a pretty windy day but you shot was really smooth.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby chdslDave » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:34 pm

sidd finch wrote:Wow some really nice shots. I think that the early morning really helps to make the scenes much more interesting. Did yo have to stabilize a lot of the shots? I ask because the one shot of the waves alpping at the island seemed like it was a pretty windy day but you shot was really smooth.

Sidd

Hey Sidd many thanks for taking the time to post some feedback + your kind words as ever and believe it or not but I did not need to stabilise any of the footage! I use a Phantom 4 and the gimbal + whole package is so good even in quite breezy weather, as demonstrated on the headland of Brean Down with the lapping waves.
According to the parameters in the handbook the P4 is ok fly up to about 23mph winds, though the calmer the wind the less nerve racking it is to fly £1K worth of drone over a raging sea... ;-)
Cheers
Dave
chdslDave

Postby ockney » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Very well done. Nice job!
ockney

Postby sidd finch » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:59 am

Watched this one again and still really liked it. Do you have a list of the locations? It would be interesting to learn more about the locations. But over all great......

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby chdslDave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:43 pm

sidd finch wrote:Watched this one again and still really liked it. Do you have a list of the locations? It would be interesting to learn more about the locations. But over all great......

Sidd

Many thanks once again Sidd and here's the list of all 17 locations or landmarks in order:

1 - Glastonbury Tor
2 - Sgwyd Yr Eira waterfall
3 - Brecon Beacons including Corn Du, Pen y Fan and Cribin
4 - Stonehenge
5 - Brean Down
6 - Cerne Abbas Giant
7 - Haytor on Dartmoor
8 - Avon Gorge including the Suspension Bridge and SS Great Britain
9 - Pensford Viaduct
10 - Avebury Stone Circle
11 - Silbury Hill
12 - Uffington White Horse
13 - Wintours Leap in the Wye Valley
14 - Cheddar Gorge
15 - Old Man of Stoer
16 - Skeleton Ridge at the Needles, Isle of Wight
17 - Green Bridge of Wales in Pembroke
chdslDave

Postby chdslDave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:43 pm

ockney wrote:Very well done. Nice job!

Thanks a million ockney and muchly appreciated!
chdslDave

Return to GoPro Outdoors