Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Synchronise GoPro + INS (Inertial Navigation System)

Discuss creative ideas for Remotely Controling your GoPro.

Synchronise GoPro + INS (Inertial Navigation System)

Postby Teo47 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi, i'm actually student in topography master. For my last project, i have to improve a MMS (Mobile Mapping System) that you can see here: http://www.sitecoinf.it/en/solutions/road-scanner

The goal of my study is to synchronise 2 GoPro Hero+ LCD to colorize point clouds. For the moment, my camera configuration is in Time-Lapse 0.5s.

To synchronize the 2 cameras with the INS system, i already know how to make the internal and external orientation (Photogrammetric purpose). But i have no idea of how to know time of every photo and how export it on PC. To colorize the point cloud, the orientation and the position of the photo have to bel well-known on the international system. I would wish a temporal precision about a milisecond.

Any idea ?
Teo47

Re: Synchronise GoPro + INS (Inertial Navigation System)

Postby Teo47 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:12 pm

UP !
Teo47

Re: Synchronise GoPro + INS (Inertial Navigation System)

Postby solderbits » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:07 am

Hi Teo47,
The GoPro Hero3+Black and Hero4 Black & Silver are the only GoPro's which can be synchronized.
Suggest you search "Arduino Gopro Genlock". You may find a site with all the info you need for wired genlock, syncing and control. If you have some arduino/microprocessor experience you will find it relatively easy to setup and test.

solderbits

Return to GoPro Remotely Controlled