Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Drone Surf footage Mentawai Islands

DJi or other creative aerial craft use and discussion

Drone Surf footage Mentawai Islands

Postby claydro » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Have put together an edit using the good footage I captured from my recent trip to the Mentawai Islands in October 2014, We stayed aboard the Kiamana, Was an epic Surf charter with some really nice scenic shots :D

I fly with a DJI Phantom 1 fully moded with FPV gimbal ect ect.

Shot with Gopro Hero 3 Black

Please check it out and let me know what you think :mrgreen:
Watch in HD

http://youtu.be/XVajvUZdSNM
claydro

Re: Drone Surf footage Mentawai Islands

Postby suryaprihadi » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Video is nice, but audio u need to correct it.
01. Source audio is poor
02. The lower frequency of the audio is over boosted and there is no fidelity.

For 02. I am using Studio Monitor speakers, so in a normal audio system this will sound worse and will overload the sub-woofers.

Thanks 4 sharing yah....
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby claydro » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:12 am

Thanks suryaprihadi,

Yeh i did notice the audio is a bit "bassy" im not sure why, its not like that on full HD export from premiere pro. I find it hard to actually figure out the best export settings for videos and audio for youtube and vimeo. I have researched a fair bit into it and it probably does come back to the original properties of the footage and audio which obviously varies from user to user.

If you have any good info on that could you please share some links?
claydro

Postby suryaprihadi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:14 pm

What I usually do for audio volume setting is to play a recorded music, a good one.
Say ur music is rich with bass, take any good rock song MP3 320kbps one and play it while setting the speaker volume of ur PC to decent good loudness.
There we have a baseline.

As for bassy music, avoid audio check with headphone, as many many headphone can not deliver proper good bass...and that is why sometimes it sounds OK but with decent speakers it may not.

Audio level meter in the editor can be used to show over-peaked audio but in your case, if you said your source is actually not like the over-bassy output, did you accidentally mess with audio effect like parametric equilizer or some sort ? The audio seems to be over boosted at the lower frequency only you see. For you uTube or vimeo I upload usually 28mbps constant bit rate and best rendering. Later they will reduce the quality, but if you upload a high quality one, you don't loose much.

Below video borrowed audio from MP3 download, 256kbps max.
Start at 2 minutes for Santana sound track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOotgqM ... 0nrpa4LJ8A
It has lots of bass to but not the music as bassy as ur soundtrack. Audio check only.

The audio rendering is the standard offered by Vegas Pro 11, the editor I use, I did not change anything.

Have fun experimenting....
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby soaljack » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:03 am

impressive sir!
soaljack

Postby claydro » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks soaljack :)
claydro

Postby dronesmaster » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:36 am

suryaprihadi wrote:What I usually do for audio volume setting is to play a recorded music, a good one.
Say ur music is rich with bass, take any good rock song MP3 320kbps one and play it while setting the speaker volume of ur PC to decent good loudness.
There we have a baseline.

As for bassy music, avoid audio check with headphone, as many many headphone can not deliver proper good bass...and that is why sometimes it sounds OK but with decent speakers it may not.

Audio level meter in the editor can be used to show over-peaked audio but in your case, if you said your source is actually not like the over-bassy output, did you accidentally mess with audio effect like parametric equilizer or some sort ? The audio seems to be over boosted at the lower frequency only you see. For you uTube or vimeo I upload usually 28mbps constant bit rate and best rendering. Later they will reduce the quality, but if you upload a high quality one, you don't loose much.

Below video borrowed audio from MP3 download, 256kbps max.
Start at 2 minutes for Santana sound track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOotgqM ... 0nrpa4LJ8A
It has lots of bass to but not the music as bassy as ur soundtrack. Audio check only.

The audio rendering is the standard offered by Vegas Pro 11, the editor I use, I did not change anything.

Have fun experimenting....

So great!!
dronesmaster

Postby sidd finch » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:19 am

Really nice footage and you got some nice creative shots. No comments on the audio as that has already been mentioned. I would suggest a couple of things to enhance the video. After watching it just looked like a bunch of cool random shots but not really a story. To me you had shots of the boat in what looked like you were heading to the island. then you cut to the island then a couple of shots and then back to the boat coming to the island. I would suggest that you reorder the shots to tell a more powerful story. First part of the video is shots of the boat approaching. I would use the shot of you all jumping off the boat to transition to the shots of the island. Then after shots of the island I would use the shot of the guy in the boat with the fish to transition to you surfing. Then maybe the eveng shots.

Good video and I liked what you captured. Lastly, I would not include the shots that show the quad's propellers. You have such cool video I would keep those shots out.

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing more. Cool video.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro QuadCopter