Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

How to reflash firmware onto a bricked Hero3+ Black over USB

Discuss the GoPro Hero3 Black+ General, Issues and Trouble Shooting.

Re: How to reflash firmware onto a bricked Hero3+ Black over

Postby mike in az » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:57 am

Hi Evilwombat,

First, thank you for all the help you have provided owners with the firmware side of GoPro.

My question is, will this procedure revive the wifi chip on Hero 3+ when they get corrupted and will not function and fail normal updates. One of my Gopro's got it's wifi killed on an update and I get the dreaded 10 fast flashing blue lights. All else seems to work fine on the camera.

Any help or info you can provide will be appreciated.

Regards,
Mike in Az
mike in az

Postby berimbau » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:46 am

Hi Evilwombat,

Just wanted to say, THANK YOU!!!
My Go Pro Hero3+ was freezing when coming up, and the firmware version showed on the start up was not correct.
I've tried different ways to upgrade.... with SD card, with the Software, the app (on android and iOS) nothing worked except your way :D

Now my Gopro is alive, so thank you very much for your great work.
berimbau

Postby Charlie20v » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello Evilwombat,

I have been trying to unbrick my gopro 3+ black using your method but I cant seem to get it in USB command mode. There is no life whatsoever, no lights or anything and cant get my pc to 'see' it. I have tried every combination I can think of (battery in/out, sd card in/out, usb-pc, usb-wall plug, holding shutter button, pressing power button, etc) nothing is working.

The only sign of life I have seen is when I put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and reinsert the battery the blue wifi light flashes once without pressing anything and then that's it, nothing again

Any help would be much appreciated :)
Charlie20v

Postby simsstash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 am

Hello

Will this recovery possibly work with my bricked Hero 3 Black.. I see the title is for a Hero 3 +

Thank you
simsstash

Postby japperrrr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 am

Worked for me! I was experiencing green artifacts in the videos that I made with my H3B+ and they disappeared after I downgraded to firmware v1.04.

Though, after trying to update to v3.03 again the update failed so I am stuck at v1.04 for now. Could this be a hardware related issue? I have been looking at replacing the CCD sensor but now that I know the videos look good with v1.04 I am hesitating to buy a new sensor module. Could it be a defect in the motherboard that keeps me from updating my firmware? Also, I cannot see the preview in the Android app, whereas with other GoPros it works fine.
japperrrr

Previous

Return to GoPro Hero3 Black+