Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Quik Edits from the iPad

Quik Edits from the iPad

Postby PTCX » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:09 am

I made a few edits with the Quik app on my iPad and I think they turned out pretty well.
This video I had already edited except for a soundtrack (that's where the PIP came from) so I gave it a try just to see if the iPad version of Quik was any better than the desktop version and I was pleasantly surprised.

It's quick and easy to get files into the app and choose a theme .I found titles and a GoPro/Quik outro strait away,I have not found that in the desktop version.It took a long time to process the project but it cut out some good shots and timed them with the soundtrack well.

Another thing you can do is import a folder/album of photos and make a slideshow.Also quick and easy with a huge choice of themes and tunes.
Bigger choice of tunes if your online to use the stash of music GoPro has on iTunes.

Quik had no problem accepting all the photos I threw at it,including shots from my Sony Alpha SLT 65 and video screen grabs from GoPro Studio.

So I like what it does and I can see it having a place for fast edits for social media and short attention spans :lol: ,or a good way to make short segments for larger projects.
I will get best use from it when traveling.It will be good to make a few quick edits of what I get up to through the week to send home as sitrep updates.
The files are MOV and being short not very big in MB's. Pretty quick to upload.
At least it is easy and intuitive to figure out and use,the opposite of the desktop version which kind of doesn't make you want to use it where the iPad version kind of does.
Still to use both versions more and maybe with practice I might get more from the desktop version but so far the ios version is a lot closer to living up to the name.
Last edited by PTCX on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PTCX

Re: Quik Edits from the iPad

Postby suryaprihadi » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:43 pm

I tried QUIK for fun, yes its fast and sweet indeed.

BTW , PT u seems to like animals shot or possibly distant shot.
Take a look at Nikon CoolPix P900 2,000mm equivalent lens or 83x optical zoom......yep you read correct 2,000mm. US$600
I just bought one yesterday. Aint the greatest image quality pass ISO 3200 but for the price it is worth it.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/n ... -p900A.HTM
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby PTCX » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:02 pm

No new cameras for this year Sury as I have just bought a new computer,so no new toys until I refill the hole it left in savings.
I do miss a really long zoom though.My old Sony Handycam has a 450x digital zoom,that's good miles on a tripod.It doesn't look good up against today's Cameras though.
PTCX

Postby PTCX » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 am

I just got the new NBN connected (NBN = National fibre optic Broadband Network) and to test out the upload speed I sent one of the above videos to YouTube and got an immediate copyright violation.
Nothing unusual there,I get some kind copyright strike every time I upload to youtube regardless of the fact I only use music I am licenced to use.
I usually send them packing with a link to the EULA and they go away until next time.
The problem with this video and the music added when edited in Quik is that I don't have a link to an EULA (End User Licence Agreement) such as I do with Sony/Magix Acid etc.

So does anyone know if there is an EULA or similar that applies to music used with Quik?

BTW,the NBN......WOW ,it's fast. :D
Uploaded the video in the time it plays.
Quoted speeds are 50/20mbps
Measured speeds are 40 to 47 down - 15 to 17 up.
$5 per month more than the previous 2.5mbps down and maybe as much as 0.75mbps up,on a good day. :lol:
PTCX

Postby suryaprihadi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:19 am

PT said :
Quoted speeds are 50/20mbps
Measured speeds are 40 to 47 down - 15 to 17 up.
$5 per month more than the previous 2.5mbps down and maybe as much as 0.75mbps up,on a good day

NOW I AM JELOUS !!!! 20 mbps up dang !!!!!
I am now paying AU$200 per month for two separate internet providers due to poor stability from the 18/1 mbps provider.
AU$100 per month for a slow 6/3.5 mbps but much more reliable.

When I torrent at late at night, then I can use the 18/1.
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Return to GoPro Quik Editing Software