Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Software Gurus ! Please help my split screen problem

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

Software Gurus ! Please help my split screen problem

Postby spikemixture » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:15 pm

My first post and have been using gopro cams for a few years and the software almost as long.

I have done the youtube path but cannot find the answer.

I videoed 2 hours on my bike with a session 5 on my helmet and Hero3 on my rear guard.
All the filming worked well.
The session is 1080 and the hero 720.

So I want to split screen and have front(session) and back(hero) - side by side as finished product.

So I go through and trim down a 3min section - starting at location A and finished at B.

The original are mp4's
So I ended up with 2 avi's and 2 converted mp4 (after trimming)
But neither of these formats let me right mouse and "pair"

I also tried converting the avi back to mp4 but gopro studio doesn't like that either.

It appear to do the pairing split screen thing the file MUST be original mp4 from the cameras.

Because once they r edited it doesn't even give the option to "pair"

Yes I know the 2 vids must be same length, bit rate and resolution.
And to get there I need to edit!

So my question is

What format /software can I use to get my edited/trimmed vids into Gopro studio split screen setup?
Last edited by spikemixture on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spikemixture

Re: Split screen problem

Postby jdp530 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:59 am

I just downloaded Studio last night and I am having trouble manually pairing videos for split screen viewing. Getting a little frustrated with it over here.
jdp530

Re: Split screen problem

Postby p fandango » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:41 pm

the split screen in GoPro studio is intended for 3D video's, not multi-angle shots. I know people have used it for that, but it might explain why its not happy with different file names etc
p fandango

Re: Software Gurus ! Please help my split screen problem

Postby spikemixture » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 am

No I am not getting to even use the 3d view thing.

I cannot get the edited files to pair!!

If my description of my issue is not clear please let me know what your need to know!
spikemixture

Return to GoPro Studio Software