Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Gopro Serial Number

Discuss the GoPro Hero4 Silver Here

Gopro Serial Number

Postby dannersbay » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 am

Hi, I had my Gopro Hero 4 Silver and my Gopro Hero 4 Session stolen and need to retrive the serial number so i can report it as stolen. i know it can be recovered from the video file. i see people have done it i just dont know how.

here is a dropbox link to files that i belive are from each of the cameras. If anyone knows how to do this can they PM me the serial?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a19s3n8l9twx ... JUQca?dl=0

Thanks in advanced.
dannersbay

Re: Gopro Serial Number

Postby PTCX » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:02 am

I don't suppose you kept the boxes the cameras came in did you?
The serial numbers are on the box.

Otherwise if you registered or updated the cameras through the GoPro web site they may be able to help to retrieve the numbers for you.Might be worth contacting them to find out.

This is also a good reason to always update firmware using the manual method.If you have updated manually you just go to the manual update page on the GoPro site and type in the first character of the serial number (usually "C" on most H4 H5 and maybe Session) and the prompt drops down and there are your serial numbers.
Definitely try that if you updated firmware manually.

Good luck,I hope you find some joy.
PTCX

Postby dannersbay » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:22 am

So no i dont have the original boxes, i will check to see if they are registered to an account. (does it automatically do that if you use the andoid app? )

I think the firmware on both updated via the App not manually. heard some could pull it from meta data in the video or the like. hoping someone could help that way.
dannersbay

Postby suryaprihadi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:58 pm

Dan,

Hero4 and up GoPro uses what I think its HASHING to hide its serial number in the video. So its kinda password converter.
https://crackstation.net/hashing-security.htm

The only data I can pick up from your video is :
HERO4 Silver << your model
HD4.01.03.00.00 < ur firmware version
LAT5051800218941 <<< usually this is the lens serial number if I remember correctly, I could be wrong :idea:

I cant find C313xxxxxx C313 is Silver4 serial number header.

Both video files are from Silver4, none from Session4.

Sorry I cant do more for you my man. :(

SP
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby PTCX » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm

dannersbay wrote: (does it automatically do that if you use the andoid app? )
I think the firmware on both updated via the App not manually.

I have never used the app to update firmware so I can't say for sure but probably not.
I am a devout manual updater,good habits are hard to break. :)
PTCX

Return to GoPro Hero4 Silver