Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

My 2D dive videos

Discuss the Submerged World of GoPro. NO Camera issues Please.

Re: My 2D dive videos

Postby 3D87C4 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Thank you. Min temperature was 48F, but I have very thick dry suit undies so am fine. My buddy got pretty chilled, though.

Yes, I play the music in my videos. Not my compositions, though, just tunes I'm learning.

I'll start editing the video from our second dive tomorrow & get it uploaded in a day or three.

Thanks for watching and commenting, Suryaprihadi.
3D87C4

Postby suryaprihadi » Mon May 01, 2017 4:16 am

Ouch... 48F is 8.9 Celcius !!
I am a tropical diver and been spoiled since 1990 diving coldest 25C or 77F, I once experienced 18 - 20C / 64-68 F thermocline and I only wear Polartec ( Shark Skin equivalent or 2.0mm neoprene equivalent ) and I shiver like hell and my head get headache :(

This is one reason I respect your kind of diving, the thick wetsuit or semi-dry or dry suit drive me nuts. I tried 5mm neoprene while diving an oil rig in Hong Kong where the >20 meter thermocline was 18C/ 64F and I feel choked :shock: due to wetsuit compression. The day I started diving I could never like neoprene body-fit nature and especially at the neck. Its the tropical temperature blessing that I can get away with Polartec/fleece material.

I am blessed with diving paradise in my country , Indonesia, if I am willing to fly 2-5 hours east from Jakarta the capital, but I have stopped diving since like 4 years ago due to workload.

I hope I can get into diving again soon. :roll:

That musical instrument of yours, its fortunate if anyone can play musical instrument or sing. Well done.

Have you travel to any tropical destination Wayne ?

SP
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby 3D87C4 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Not lately. I spent a week in Cozumel after I was certified in '81 followed by a couple of years diving the wrecks off North Carolina (in the gulf stream) while I worked on my Masters. Honeymooned in Bermuda, family trips to Hawaii, and a few dives during a business trip to Taiwan.

The rest of the time I've been a California shore-diver. I love diving in warm water, but the water column seems so empty compared to the cozy, green, waters that I'm used to.

Playing music is great fun and, like SCUBA diving, a very social activity.

I hope you get a chance to return to diving.
3D87C4

Postby suryaprihadi » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 am

The kelp forest is indeed unique :)
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby 3D87C4 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:13 am

Second of last Wednesday's dives. Simple cross-and-back of Whaler's Cove with a pop-up in Coal Chute Cove to check our position.

3D87C4

Postby 3D87C4 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:53 am

Trying to catch up on my video editing...first of two dives last Friday:

3D87C4

Postby 3D87C4 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:58 am

Second dive of the day (Friday the 12'th):

3D87C4

Previous

Return to GoPro Underwater