Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

mswmm to wmv conversion

PC related editing but NOT GoPro Studio

mswmm to wmv conversion

Postby Davekh123 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:30 am

Hi. All
Being a new user i'm a bit out of my depth here also being a pc numpty doesn't help. The camera is a gopro hero wide with the latest firmware down loaded and running an 8gb sdhc card. Now the problem, i've down loaded a video clip in avi format that was 50 mins long, to edit it down i used windows movie maker to get it to a 4 min clip. when trying to upload it to youtube it failed, youtube asking for it to be in wmv format. How do i get the 4 min clip from mswmm to wmv format or edit the full 50 min clip down in wmv format. Any replies please talk as though talking someone who's never done this before. Cheers, Dave H
Davekh123

Re: mswmm to wmv conversion

Postby jcquick » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:27 pm

I can't get windows movie maker to even reconize the video how did you do that
jcquick

Postby tristancliffe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 am

Isn't wswmm just the project file, not the video file? i.e. it saves the filenames of the videos used, and any changes to the movie, any filters, cuts, captions etc.

You then export the movie from Movie Maker to a wmv file, which is a video.
tristancliffe

Postby clinsonack » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:23 am

MSWMM is the project file of Windows Movie Maker, not a real video format, which is only compatible with Windows Movie Maker, so that it is impossible to play MSWMM files on fashionable portable devices and players or directly convert MSWMM to more popular formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, etc.

1. Before converting MSWMM to other video formats, you have to save it as a video first in Windows Movie Maker.

Run Windows Movie Maker and drag the MSWMM that you want to convert to WMM to add MSWMM file. Click File menu to select Save Movie File... to save it as WMV or MP4 and also choose the location on your computer

2. Now, you can convert MSWMM to MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, MP3, WAV and so on.
clinsonack

Postby nelscottnelson » Fri May 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Method 1: Use Windows Movie Maker to export and convert MSWMM to WMV or DV AVI or H.264 MP4 or WMA

The earlier versions of Windows Movie Maker can directly export video in WMV or DV AVI and the version 2012 can also export video in H.264 MP4. The default exporting audio format for Windows Movie Maker is WMA.

Open Windows Movie Maker and then click menu "File"- "Save Movie File...",-save to "My computer", and then successfully save WMV or DV AVI or H.264 MP4 or WMA as the exporting video or audio format.

Method 2: Use iDealshare VideoGo to convert MSWMM to AVI, MP3, MOV, MPG, MPEG, FLV, RMVB, 3GP, ProRes, TS, OGV, WebM, H.265, WTV, SWF etc.

Besides converting MSWMM to WMV or DV AVI or H.264 MP4 or WMA, if you want to convert MSWMM to other formats like convert MSWMM to AVI, MP3, MOV, MPG, MPEG, FLV, etc. you can use a MSWMM converter named iDealshare VideoGo. iDealshare VideoGo can very easily convert MSWMM to AVI, MP3, MOV, MPG, MPEG, FLV, WAV, 3GP, FLAC, OGG, M4A, AIFF, SWF, RMVB, SWF etc. iDealshare VideoGo can also crop, merge, split, cut the output video or apply effects to the output video. Now follow the step by step guide written below to convert MSWMM to your wanted video or audio.

Resources: https://www.idealshare.net/mswmm-conver ... g-flv.html
nelscottnelson

Return to PC