Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Stickie - Delay Timers and Radio Control GoPros

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Re: Stickie - Delay Timers and Radio Control GoPros

Postby Flyboy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:29 am

I love the creativity and resources found on this forum. Thank you all for taking the time to share!
Travis Pynn
I love my GoPro
Flyboy

Postby Mdboatbum » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 am

Question:
If i solder 2 leads to the in/out contacts on the shutter button, would a quick pulse from a cheap radio flash trigger be enough to start it recording? The trigger would most definitely create a short circuit between the contacts, but for only a few milliseconds. This is assuming the camera is already on and ready to go. I'm using the Hero HD model.
Mdboatbum

Postby GeoNomad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 pm

I see my time lapse timer and radio control interface are kind of disappearing in the long HD Hero bus thread, so I am injecting a reference into this sticky thread in case anyone is looking for one.

Wireless Remote Control - An RF remote control built out of a luggage locator.

Microprocessor timer controller interface- A general controller interface which can be used for timing or triggering from motion detectors, etc.

Peter
GeoNomad

Previous

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models