Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Wasabi Hero3 Charger, something interesting....

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Wasabi Hero3 Charger, something interesting....

Postby RobAGD » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Welp got my Charger and batteries today and I made a mental note that it look a lot like the charger I got for my Panasonic V700 camera.

So when the batteries are done charging I start fiddling :

So I recall about some HD monitors that use a shoe to use different camera batteries to power them and :POP:

then note the voltage on the bases are the same :) as well as the rated amps as 500mAh

So why I thought this was interesting is if ytou are in a space crunch and need to save some space and you have some chargers that the bases are the same, you can just take the 1 back and both plate shoes to charge the batteries.

Something else would be to get extra shoes and use the bases to charge both batteries if you find your self in a power pinch.

I may pick up another charger for my older Panasonic MiniDV camera.

-Robert
RobAGD

Re: Wasabi Hero3 Charger, something interesting....

Postby PandaGFX » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:08 pm

just be wary that same generic base also come in 8.4V, adaptor sleds slip right on... you don't wanna mix them up

most older cameras especially with motors for tape transport usually use 2s lipos = 8.4V
PandaGFX

Re: Wasabi Hero3 Charger, something interesting....

Postby RobAGD » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Yea, I pulled the factory charger to check, 8.4v Bummer.

-R
RobAGD

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models