Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Setting up GoPro 3 Silver Edition

Discuss the HD3 White & Silver + BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting. Please read the Stickies inside before posting.

Setting up GoPro 3 Silver Edition

Postby Greg17 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:24 am

So I'm completely new to GoPro cameras and recently purchased the GoPro 3 Silver Edition (should arrive this Friday). I'm not great with cameras/computers in general and after reading a few posts, it sounds like initial setup of your GoPro is crucial in the functionality of it. I'm wondering if anyone would be able to provide detailed instructions in setting up the GoPro camera right out of the box including the firmware update (manual update, I've heard this is better?). I also purchased a 32 gb Transcend class 10 micro sd, 2 wasabi batteries with charger, and am using a Macbook Air.Thanks so much!
Greg17

Re: Setting up GoPro 3 Silver Edition

Postby coupe1942 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:24 am

If you go to their home page, you can download the instruction manual for that specific camera there. It is just too lengthy and complex for anyone to do a step-by-step explanation of it all in my opinion. Too many variables for an easy step-by-step process to explain. Read through the manual from the online drop down menu and save it to your computer. The one that comes with the camera is very, very small print. In my opinion, GoPro is very poor at explaining things to those who are not really computer savy or such, but this manual is easier to read and follow than the one I had for my Hero 960. The firmware process is explained at their site, too and is easy enough to do, even for someone not so computer savy. I like my Silver, but I almost never use anything except the One-Button mode to meet my needs. Good luck with setting up your camera and getting it all working on the first go. I have really had no issues with mine, but I don't use the backpac and screen or wifi stuff at all.
coupe1942

Return to HD3 Hero White & Silver Editions