Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Blade 350QX and GoPro FPV Issue

DJi or other creative aerial craft use and discussion

Blade 350QX and GoPro FPV Issue

Postby shirleyolivia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Horizon Hobby has posted this product bulletin:
October 25, 2013

Product: 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Cameras (like the GoPro® HERO3) with the Blade® 350 QX

Issue:Cameras that transmit live streaming video over 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (like the GoPro HERO3) operate on the same frequencies as most 2.4GHz RC systems, thus saturating the usable frequency band. This can result in severe interference with transmitter RF signals, the GPS system and the onboard compass, which could result in loss of control, property damage and/or personal injury.

What To Do: Do not fl y the Blade 350 QX quadcopter with an onboard camera while using Wi-Fi streaming live video. Recording video with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal turned off or using the supplied remote to control the camera is recommended.
shirleyolivia

Re: Blade 350QX and GoPro FPV Issue

Postby martcerv » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Same note has been made by DJI regarding the phantom and this is an issue with all 2.4g radio control devices. The GoPro WiFi is not good enough for FPV anyway due to short range, lag and the frequency issue but you can still use your gopro as the video source for a video transmitter on a different frequency just leave the WiFi turned off on the GoPro at all times when onboard a 2.4g radio controlled device.
Forum Moderator

Support our Sponsors - Click the Links
Surya Prihadi - Advanced GoPro Tester
Snake River Prototyping - BlurFix - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Nov 2013
Sports Camera Hire & Sales Australia
HydroRemote Cable Systems
Hobby Mounts UK
Outdoor Equipment Rentals
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Fotodiox Pro - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Feb 2014
martcerv
Forum Mod

Postby Ifti » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Ive also read stories on flyaways when leaving the GoPro WiFi on since it will interfere with the tx/rx signals.

There is even a facebook page dedicated to those still trying to get over their flyaways and loss of their quad and camera!!
Will see if I can findthe link again!!
Ifti

Postby shirleyolivia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 am

My Blade Quad did flyaway with my GoPro camera. That is why I am posting the product bulletin.
shirleyolivia

Postby Ifti » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:50 am

shirleyolivia wrote:My Blade Quad did flyaway with my GoPro camera. That is why I am posting the product bulletin.

Ah sorry I didn't realise you had experienced it yourself!
Were you able to recover the Quad etc or is all lost??
Ifti

Postby martcerv » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:14 am

I remember seeing a video somewhere showing the blade could lose gps lock if the gopro was recording and not even wifi. In the phantom the gopro has no effect on gps reception and this may be the reason why the phantom has some shielding below the gps antenna.

The WiFi interferance in most cases shouod only reduce range and so make it more likely to go to failsafe but as in the video I saw about 350qx if some completly lose gps once you press record then thats a completly different issue to the wifi interferance.
Forum Moderator

Support our Sponsors - Click the Links
Surya Prihadi - Advanced GoPro Tester
Snake River Prototyping - BlurFix - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Nov 2013
Sports Camera Hire & Sales Australia
HydroRemote Cable Systems
Hobby Mounts UK
Outdoor Equipment Rentals
Hardened Power Systems
Cam-Do
Fotodiox Pro - NEW PRODUCTS OUT NOW Feb 2014
martcerv
Forum Mod

Postby Wavyduck » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 am

Lost my new qx 350 with a hero 3 in the prairies of Colorado today....
I didn't think I had the wifi on, but apparently I did. It took off like a rocket and the home button did not return the unit.
Blade should make that a bold statement about wifi interference in the manual.
I'm out 700.00
Wavyduck

Re: Blade 350QX and GoPro Hero 3

Postby kittypark » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:14 pm

I lost everything 1/30/2014 @ 2:30pm, my Blade 350QX, and GoPro Hero 3. Had the Wi-Fi on shooting video, got up to about 40 feet, 100 yards out, and all of went haywire.
The 350QX, became unresponsive to my controls, started drifting away from me, on the transmitter I switched to Home, nothing. Seems like this quadcopter had jet power, and
it was gone. I tried for 3 hours to locate it, gave up when darkness fell. What happened?
kittypark

Postby Tyedye » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:41 am

Well today my Blade 350 qx had a flyaway with my camera on it. Still can't find it.
Tyedye

Postby Hobby Mounts » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Is there a plug and play gadget for these things that allows you to track the unit like a lost smartphone in the event of a fly-away?
Hobby Mounts
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Next

Return to GoPro QuadCopter