Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Battery dead?

Discuss the GoPro Hero 5Mp & HD 960 in General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Battery dead?

Postby SparkyMV » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:36 am

Hello, i've been using a Gopro Hero HD for about a year now, and its been working great until about a week ago. I accidentally dropped the camera into a small pool of water while scuba diving and as a precaution didn't use it the rest of the day. When the camera hit the floor and then the water, the case popped open and the battery and camera weren't connected on impact. (I did however dry it out as best as I could right after this happened). Anyways when I got home I dried them all off again and connected the camera to a charger. So I tried the camera now and when its charging the red LED light is on, showing that the camera at least (I think) is still working, but when I try to charge the battery with it it just won't turn on with the battery. So my question is, is the camera gone for good, or is it just that I need a new battery?

-Thanks
SparkyMV

(sorry if this is just spam and someone already answered this, i'm new here :/)
SparkyMV

Re: Battery dead?

Postby frd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:31 am

Hello

Im new here too and i have the same problem. When i was surfing i opened the case to spit inside because of the fog. Somehow a very smal amount of water got in. Dried it out on rice for 7 days. After a week ive tryed to turn the camera on but nothing happened. Tryed to do the same while it was charging and it did turn on and ive made a vid and took pics but the sound is still off.... My doubt is: Are the gopro hero 1 and hero 2 batteries the same? Cus one says 3.7V 1100mAh and the other 3.7V 1100mAh 4.07wh
sorry if this is not the place for posting this issue/doubt but ive searched for 1 and didnt found..

Cheers
frd

Postby Hobby Mounts » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:36 am

It could be the contacts on the battery tray or the battery that have become contaminated. How do they look? You could try cleaning them but sometimes it only takes a tiny amount of contamination to prevent the battery making the right connection. Try and look under a magnifying glass or take a picture and zoom in to see properly.
The UK's largest selection of GoPro Cameras, Accessories & Mounts. We are also Official DJI Innovations dealers.
http://www.hobbymounts.co.uk
Hobby Mounts
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby frd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 am

Hobby Mounts wrote:It could be the contacts on the battery tray or the battery that have become contaminated. How do they look? You could try cleaning them but sometimes it only takes a tiny amount of contamination to prevent the battery making the right connection. Try and look under a magnifying glass or take a picture and zoom in to see properly.

Can u telm me if gopro hero 1 and 2 batteries are the same?
Thanks
frd

Postby wokka wokka » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Batteries are the same.

I have both a HD1 and a HD2, as well as a couple of eBay batteries, and they all work in each camera.
wokka wokka

Postby frd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks for helping me... going to ebay searching for batteries than hope that it works
frd

Return to GoPro Hero 5MP & HD Hero 960