Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Cant play videos

Discuss the GoPro Hero 5Mp & HD 960 in General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Cant play videos

Postby woodstock » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Ive recently bought a gopro hero and ive tried it out with a few short videos and it works fine. I can upload the videos to my computer and play them. But when I made a larger video 30mins+, my computer wouldn't play the videos back. All the videos have been shot it r5 1080p @ 30fps. It has a cheap make memory card in it, and I thought that might have something to do with the problem. But smaller length videos work fine. Please help thanks Gav
woodstock

Re: Cant play videos

Postby woodstock » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:08 pm

ive done doin a bit of research on this problem and rom what ive read, im lead to belive it could be the sd card. can anyone shed anylight on this before I go and buy a new card
woodstock

Postby Hobby Mounts » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:11 pm

If you plan on taking important video you don't want to lose or have problems in recording, I would recommend getting a recommended card. They are a little more expensive but really worth paying the extra for as videos sometimes can't be replaced if the worst happens and you have an issue with the recording.

Here's the list of recommended cards from GoPro...

SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC (SDSDQXL-032G)
SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC (SDSDQXL-064G)
Lexar 32GB SDHC 600x (LSDMI32GBSBNA600R)
Lexar 64GB SDXC 600x (LSDMI64GBSBNA600R)
Delkin 32GB SDHC (DDMICROSDPRO2-32GB)
Delkin 64GB SDXC (DDMICROSDPRO264GB)
Samsung 64GB SDXC (MB-MGCGB/AM)

http://www.hobbymounts.co.uk/shop/GoPro-Hero-3-Memory-Cards
The UK's largest selection of GoPro Cameras, Accessories & Mounts. We are also Official DJI Innovations dealers.
http://www.hobbymounts.co.uk
Hobby Mounts
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby PTCX » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:22 am

Hobby Mounts,there all micro sd cards and no good for the early cameras that need a full size sd card of no more than 32GB.

woodstock,what class card are you using?
A class 6 will work but get a class 10 and it will work better.
Also where did you buy the card? If you bought it from ebay it is probably a fake.That would explain why a short video works and a long video does not.If the card is a fake it could be only a 2GB card dressed up to look like a 8GB card for instance.
Buy a known brand like Kingston,Samsung ,Lexar and buy it from your nearest camera shop.Avoid ebay.
PTCX

Return to GoPro Hero 5MP & HD Hero 960