Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

HD Hero (1) + Wifi Remote

Discuss the GoPro Hero 5Mp & HD 960 in General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

HD Hero (1) + Wifi Remote

Postby FixB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:08 am

Hi all!

I just bought a wifi remote to go with my original GoPro HD Hero.
I know I won't be able to use the smartphone app, but I should be able to use the remote (as far as I understood what is stated on gopro website).
I upgraded my GoPro firmware with the last one (I hope?) which is dedicated to the HD1 Wifi compatibility : HD1.01.01.102
But the remote is not working :(
The remote keep swapping between '1 Cam' and 'No Cam'... and I can't get it to do anything on the cam :( :(
I tried to connect them, following the user guide section dedicated to the HD1, but - again - it does not work : the remote and the gopro display that they are 'searching', but to no avail.

Any help would be really appreciated!
FixB

Re: HD Hero (1) + Wifi Remote

Postby lpk5 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:31 pm

was it just the remote and nothing else?

To use the Wifi remote, you also need the wifi bacpac.
http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/wi- ... mote-combo
lpk5

Postby FixB » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Sorry: I was not enough precise in my first post. I bought the combo : wifi bacpac + remote.
As nothing was working, I tried to upgraded the firmware of my original HD Hero : does not work better.
I then upgraded the bacpac firmware : not better.
I find no tips or how-to dedicated to the original HD Hero with this. It's really annoying to buy products that state they are working together, when they are not :(
FixB

Postby Liko99 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Someone try to make anything to work wifi backpack + phone app?
Liko99

Return to GoPro Hero 5MP & HD Hero 960