Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

New Protune Mode Settings March 6 - How to Use

Discussion of All GoPro Studio Software Versions and issues

Re: New Protune Mode Settings March 6 - How to Use

Postby suryaprihadi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Yes, but when I use Protune I always use CamRaw because that is the other power of Protune, its CamRaw.
Not say the Plus has more details in Protune CamRaw, but I can get all I want at its maximum using Protune+Camraw, that is the best I can describe.
No matter what AWB is not nice to use even in Protune, its like "baked" already.
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby ten » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 am

so iso 6400 is the same as default non-protune mode?
ten

Postby suryaprihadi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 pm

ten wrote:so iso 6400 is the same as default non-protune mode?

Yes, I tested so.

I think GoPro wants professional to use GoPro in much higher light and not about improving low light capability.
There is no more GoPro can push beyond ISO6400 which even in good DSLR this is a rather noisy ISO already.

If using ISO400 now we can have better sun ball recording, when set and done right, without ND filter.

I am still not having enough time to test the FLAT color and CAMRAW, I mean choosing both at the same time.
I need to do it while divin to see how much effect this combo will bring. CamRaw to me is already FLAT anyway, but now GoPro add FLAT color feature.... :mrgreen:
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby ten » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:25 am

After my limited testing I find even the high setting for sharpness is not giving the same sharpness as non-protune mode. Anyone else finding this also?
ten

Postby relaxman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:26 am

uups :(
but much sharper than with previous firmware in protune?
can you post some sample with 3 settings?
thx
relaxman

Postby atom » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:03 pm

suryaprihadi wrote:If using ISO400 now we can have better sun ball recording, when set and done right, without ND filter.

if i were doing a time-lapse of a sunset, or similar, i'd still go with an ND filter. setting a lower "max ISO" in software won't protect the sensor from being physically burned.
atom

Postby suryaprihadi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:25 am

atom wrote:
suryaprihadi wrote:If using ISO400 now we can have better sun ball recording, when set and done right, without ND filter.

if i were doing a time-lapse of a sunset, or similar, i'd still go with an ND filter. setting a lower "max ISO" in software won't protect the sensor from being physically burned.

Aha....yes yes, I almost forgot on the sensor burn, indeed ND I will need to use :mrgreen: Thanks Atom.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Previous

Return to GoPro Studio Software