Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Recording stops on 1 of 2 identical sd cards

Discuss the GoPro Hero3 White & Silver + BacPacs, General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Recording stops on 1 of 2 identical sd cards

Postby ozmanyyy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:39 am

I had mistakenly posted this in the Hero Silver section, so I'm bringing it here. I also did a search and did see people having card issues. The thing is I have two identical cards and only have the issue on 1….

===================================================================
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with my camera just stops recording after 30 or 40 seconds. I did some searching and one thing I came across was pro tune. I checked and my pro tune was already off. Then I saw that it could be because of the card I'm using. I have 2 identical cards: SanDisk Ultra 32 GB . So I pop the other card in and now it seems to be recording just fine. I mean, I tried two recordings and it went a few minutes without issue. The settings are 1080p-60 W, though since it works for 1 card and not the other, it probably doesn't matter.

Any ideas why one card wouldn't work right ?

Thanks
ozmanyyy

Re: Recording stops on 1 of 2 identical sd cards

Postby suryaprihadi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:42 pm

some cards , same model , same brand, one maybe a bit faster. Anyway, why use sandisk ULTRA , when you read it as GARBAGE ?
ULTRA is GARBAGE

Use "HD speed", test ur memory card with it. test the WRITE SPEED.
http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=20
Use WRITE size 32KB, it will show which one is slower. Log the test.

100% full recording using Protune is the way to test. Non stop recording yah.
good luck
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby ozmanyyy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Actually I didn't hear it was garbage till just now, they were just cards I already had when I got the gopro a while back. That being said, I'll try the test out of curiosity and search for recommended cards.

Thanks
ozmanyyy

Postby suryaprihadi » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 pm

ozmanyyy wrote:Actually I didn't hear it was garbage till just now, they were just cards I already had when I got the gopro a while back. That being said, I'll try the test out of curiosity and search for recommended cards.

Thanks

For Black3, Black3+ and all Hero4 series, ULTRA too slow.
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Return to GoPro Hero3 White & Silver Editions