Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

remove fisheye

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

remove fisheye

Postby Irshad » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm

please tell how can i remove this fisheye effect i have hero 2
Irshad

Re: remove fisheye

Postby flareside » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:10 pm

It's done in post processing. There are plenty of examples online. If these won't do it for you, just google it as there is plenty out there.
http://www.fotovlieger.nl/techniek/gopr ... with_hugin
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lensprofile_creator (as a plug-in for Photoshop or Lightroom)
stickie-goprohd-fisheye-barrel-correction-in-after-effects-t1479.html (if you have After Effects)
flareside

Postby damagera » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 pm

just got my hero2 and correct me if i am wrong,,,but would it not correct fisheye affect if you change from 170 to either 127 or 90 in settings .. as i said just got mine 2day and have just got it out of box
damagera

Postby Killjoy41 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 am

Irshad wrote:please tell how can i remove this fisheye effect i have hero 2

I'm a brand new Hero2 owner also. The easiest way to remove the fish eye effect that I've found is using CineForm Studio. Import your video or photos into CineForm, convert your video into avi or mp4 then edit and under "Framing Controls" slide the H.Dynamic control left and right to change the fish eye look. Personally, I like the fish eye effect. I own other cameras (DSLR, video and point & shoot digital cameras) that all capture standard looking pictures. For outdoor shots the GoPro provides a different look...whether it be Yosemite, the beach, redwoods, etc. Integrated into a project with the standard video/photos, the GoPro footage really adds a unique perspective in my opinion.
Killjoy41

Postby flareside » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 am

damagera wrote:just got my hero2 and correct me if i am wrong,,,but would it not correct fisheye affect if you change from 170 to either 127 or 90 in settings...

Optically the three images are all the same. The narrower fields just remove the distorted edges as they are nothing more than a cropped version of the wider image. So it really doesn't correct the image, it just removes the parts where it is most obvious.
flareside

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3