Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

reset

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

reset

Postby locoracer » Mon May 30, 2011 11:30 am

Is there a way to reset the gopro hd hero back to factory default settings
locoracer

Re: reset

Postby flareside » Mon May 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Leave the battery out overnight.
flareside

Postby locoracer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks for the help guys but maybe if I give a little more info on my problems you might be able to help me.

I tried to install new firmware on gp. I dont really know what I did as I am pretty it illiterate. Anyway now When I turn on the gp with no sd card it turns on shows me there is no sd card and when i hit the power/ mode button it will change from video mode to 10 sec. timer mode, then it will change to the blinking camera icon. That is where the problem starts. It will not change to the non blinking camera icon, nor will it go to set up mode. It just seems to freeze on the blinking camera icon mode.

When I put an sd card in the camera and turn it on it powers up, shows me there is an sd card in it but the whole STATUS LCD screen on the camera not the backpac just blinks and it will not change to any mode other than video mode. Again it seems as though the camera is frozen.

I hope someone out there can make sense of this and give me some advice.
locoracer

Postby Rambo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:49 pm

As i said above, try and reinstall the new FW, if this doesn't fix the issue then contact GoPro. You most likely will have to return the camera.
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby locoracer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks for the help Rambo. just out of curiosity when I look at my sd card in windows explorer. It is listed as a removable storage device. in the removable storage devide is 2 folders DCIM and MISC. When the firmware instructions say to put the new firmware on the sd card in the root directory does that mean put it in the folder named DCIM, MISC or in the storage device but not in either folder.
locoracer

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 am

No must be in the root, not in a folder. The root is the first window after you click on the drive letter.

Don't forget to delete the FW file after upgrading.
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby locoracer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks for all your help Rambo. I am thinking the camera is a dud now. Although it does still take video I cant change any settings or use the lcd bacpac. I guess we will see what happens. I have a question in with the gopro support team. Thanks again
locoracer

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Are you sure it's not in ONE Button Mode, your description is a little hard to follow. One button mode will stop you accessing the menu. Press and Hold the record button for 3 seconds and it should switch to set mode.
Rambo
Site Admin

Postby manxfaragher » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 am

Just had the same problem... Rambo I love you , your solution worked.. mine was stuck in photo every 3 seconds mode..lol 8-)
manxfaragher

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3