Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Resistor ID.

Discuss the GoPro Hero 5Mp & HD 960 in General, Issues and Trouble Shooting

Resistor ID.

Postby plam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:02 am

Hi all,

I blew out a resistor on the center pcb of my hero whilst stuffing up a custom AV cable. The camera still works but no longer has composite video out.

Anyway the resistor is easily accessed so I thought I would swap it out, but given it is burnt I can no longer read the code on it.

It is easily seen with the back case off so I was wondering if anyone had theirs open whether they might check this code for me. I am assuming it is either a 750 OR 000.

I have attached a photo for reference. Any help much appreciated.
Attachments
GoProResistor.jpg
GoProResistor.jpg (59.1 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
plam

Re: Resistor ID.

Postby flareside » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 am

Easily seen ??? :lol: Not with my eyes.

IMG_7130.JPG

Fortunately, the camera can pick it out with no problem.
flareside

Postby plam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:37 am

Fantastic. Thanks very much for the help.

Yeah you are right about easily seen. I did use a magnifying glass to read it and a macro lens for the photos. But then I thought I was just old.

Niw to see if I can replace that sucker! Aarrggh
plam

Postby Zephski » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:20 am

Did the resister blow from heat while soldering? If not, it usually takes a fair amount of current to toast those resisters in circuit. I'd have to take an educated guess by saying you have more than a resister problem. Also, those PCBs are multilayered and if you applied enough heat to damage a resister then it's a reasonable chance that there are problems with the PCB as well. Or maybe you got really lucky.
Zephski

Return to GoPro Hero 5MP & HD Hero 960