Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Resolution and artefact issues (FCPX)

Mac related Editing Software but NOT GoPro Studio

Resolution and artefact issues (FCPX)

Postby chromeflash » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi, first post so bear with me. I use the latest version of Final Cut Pro X.

Recently bought the GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition and today I had the very rare option to get from work and do something fun. I put my camera on a minivan with the suction cup and went for a ride. I was out with the camera for a 35 minute session. The gopro was setup as 1080p / 60fps /low light off.

Imported the recorded file in FCPX (used the "use first clip as default settings for media" option), cut a bit here and there and added a few transitions, titles and an audio track.

Shared/Exported it to a 1.6GB file (about 6 minutes of footage) with 1080p, 1980x1080, and 59,94 fps (don't know why it was 59,94 but that is what the file seemed to be) using the h264 option and uploaded it to youtube. After about 30 minutes the 1080p was avaialable but the result was horrible with artefacts, image noice and poor resolution.

Created a new project but this time I pre set the project with 1080p, 30fps, 1980 x 1080 resolution and stereo sound. Redid all the editing and exported it again with h264. The result? Even worse.

So, finally, I created yet an additional project, pre set it to: 1080p, 60fps, 1980 x 1080 resolution and stereo. Did all the cuts, added the transitions, music and so forth. Exported once again using the h264 and uploaded it again to youtube... And still poor quality.

I do not upload/share directly to youtube via FCPX as the editing computer isn't connected to a high speed internet connection. I'm instead exporting it to a file (.mov) and upload it as soon as I have access to a high speed connection.

I does look amazing when played in either VLC or QT though (regardles if it is the raw footage or the one created via FCPX), but via youtube it is horrid.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a guide somewhere? Apreciate any help here or perhaps a guide somewhere.

Thanks.
chromeflash

Re: Resolution and artefact issues (FCPX)

Postby chromeflash » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Ohh, sorry. Here you go: http://youtu.be/c7mXKs5hUI8
chromeflash

Postby chromeflash » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Umm, ok? How about the other videos posted with ok res and no artefacts? Or are you saying there is no way non profit youtubers can upload hd-videos?
chromeflash

Postby chromeflash » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Ok, thanks. As I suspected.
Will have to locate another platform.
chromeflash

Postby hansKobe » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:19 pm

For the nice editing with FCP, it has on the other hand brought us some problems as the importing incompatible issues. such as the common formats MP4, right?

For those who work FCP as the habit, we may know the best formats, Apple ProRes Codec

So we just neddt toadjust is converting the original videos, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac may do you a big favor. open the link here:
http://www.multipelife.com/hd-video-converter-mac

Wish you a nice day!
hansKobe

Return to Mac