Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

shotgun and bow mount

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

shotgun and bow mount

Postby ub1243 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 am

i self film hunts for a production company. one of our sponors started carrying the GoPro this summer, so i got one.
i use it for a second angle on my bow, looking back at me. and i made a mount for my gun, using this both ways.
we are going to split screen the hunt. a little window showing me draw the bow or lift the gun. really adds depth to my hunts. self filming is very hard work.
the animals don't read the script.
the bow mount.
1/4" acorn nut, small fender washer, rubber washer, block of wood to fill the riser hole, rubber washer, washer, then 1/4" all thread, then a tripod mount.

used it a few weekends ago.
sorry if you don't like to see dead animals, but this is what my filming is about.

shotgun mount.
it clamps to the magazine, right behind the barrel lug. all aluminum and a stainless bolt. using the tripod mount again.
hope you guys like.
Drop Tine Outdoor Productions
Pro Staff
ub1243

Re: shotgun and bow mount

Postby biketuna » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:36 am

wherei is the video of you using it?
biketuna

Postby ub1243 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:23 pm

i manage a few farms, one big property. with managing wild animals, comes harvesting the surplus. crop damage costs money. forest managment means keeping the populations to the carrying capacity of the land. just a part of the big picture. i have been raised with this my whole life. it's a way of life.
i don't kill for film. i film what i am doing on the lands i manage. be it bow hunting, black powder guns, or my trap line. this is huge in he U.S.
rambo, being from down under, i thought you would understand what happens when animal populations go too large. didn't you guys have all those rabbits, and mice, and toads, and....ect....
it's all about balance. deer around me, don't have a predator. i am the predator. without me, comes population explosions. we can already harvest unlimited does for 4 1/2 months and 6 bucks. and the population keeps growing. except on my properties. the biologist and foresters that check my lands tell the property owners what a great program we have going. life isn't always a disney movie, thank god.

i don't post much of my video work. we pick out the best 20 hunts from our team, then they go to dvd. we are working on sponsors for the cable hunting channels.
i got my GoPro from a sponsor of ours. all they sell is cameras to the hunting video groups. there are a lot of hunting groups using GoPro cameras now.
Pro Staff
ub1243

Postby atom » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:27 pm

i'm not a fan of dead animals or pictures of dead animals, but i would like to see more details about the shotgun mount.

the bow mount looks simple and self explanatory, but not applicable to bicycles. the shotgun mount... tell me more about that one.
atom

Postby Greg_E » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:16 am

To make everyone happy, how about going to a skeet range and blasting some clay targets for us. Would also like to see the bow working too, just go shoot some targets. I'm really interested in seeing what happens when each actually "fires".

Good product placement on the back of the case for the bow.
http://transportcontrols.com
Updated with version 1.
Greg_E

Postby ub1243 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:54 pm

the shotgun mount... tell me more about that one.

just a piece of 3/4" aluminum plate. drill the hole for the magazine tube. then cut the OD of the clamp with a band saw. i welded a piece of angle to the clamp. very simple. did the same type of thing for a muzzleloader braket.
for my blind work during turkey season i use a cheap clamp on the blind hubs.

my editor is just finishing up a hunt with GoPro footage in it. we use it for split screen 2nd angle stuff.
i will post it up. and get all the negative crap from the bunny huggers. :lol:
Pro Staff
ub1243

Postby nooblet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:58 am

Hi,

I'll be recording my entire season wtih my dog hunting ducks, pheasant and quail. I'm interested in this shotgun mount (As well as hookin the camera to my dog's neoprene wetsuit). I dont see any pics of the mount you used - can you please post some?

Thanks.

Noob.
nooblet

Postby ub1243 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:17 am

the pictures are right under the bow pictures.
can't see the photobucket pictures?
on a mossberg 500 you can clamp to magazine end. the slide doesn't go to the end.
i like to have the tripod mount turned all the way. you should be bolting it just like in the picture. the GoPro mounting fingers will not hold against the recoil.
for on the dog i would think a chest mount would work.
Pro Staff
ub1243

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models