Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

SMATREE Products

This section is for PRODUCT REVIEWS done by GoProUserForum Admins. If your company would like to be included here, please PM RAMBO for details.

SMATREE Products

Postby R GoPro » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:58 am

I've had the opportunity to test several Smatree products lately.
Their pole, case, battery charger and gooseneck mount.
I have to say they make excellent products. Not cheaply made junk like some others I've seen. Their products are made to be used over and over again without breaking or wearing out.
Example, the pole is made out of aluminum so it is strong but still light enough to easily transported with you. Even the mount end where the GP attaches is aluminum. They have integrated a captive nut so you don't have to worry about losing it when mounting or dismounting the GP. The lanyard on the other end is thick enough so it doesn't cut into your wrist or break the first time it gets tugged.
Their case has a nice set of cutouts to hold your camera and accessories tightly in place. There is a small zippered pouch inside the top cover that holds small items or cords. The outside is strong enough to protect the contents without being too bulky to pack or carry for a day trip.
The gooseneck clam is strong enough to hold your GP in any position you could ever want to point it. The clamp is nice and wide with plenty of holding power to grip almost anything you would want to clam it to. It can be rolled up small enough to carry along in case you decide to set it up while out and about.
The dual battery charger is very small and has dual charge indicators so you can see the status of each battery. If you add a wall USB charger to this you have a very nice small portable unit for travel.

If you are looking for any accessories for your GP, consider the Smatree line as their products are well made and should last you a long time.
R GoPro

Re: SMATREE Products

Postby sidd finch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:26 am

I think Smatree has the best bang for the buck. I am anxious to see when their Hero 4 batteries will be released.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby camoko » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:39 pm

I agree, so far all the Smatree accessories I got are great quality products. I'm glad I found those guys.
camoko

Postby Ifti » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:14 pm

The only two good third party batteries I'd trust are Smatree and Wasabi.
When it comes to other non-battery accessories, Smatree are very good, as are SP Gadgets and UKPro.
Ive also had several Smatree accessories,and can vouch for their quality. No issues whatsoever.
Ifti

Postby bcharlow » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Yes, a very good company to deal with and good products.
bcharlow

Postby gaza4 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:14 am

have the Smatree batteries, chest and head strap all of which are great value and do their job perfectly. must get my own reviews done up soon...
gaza4

Postby henrydavids » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:32 pm

All of their products are reliable I purchased a battery 1200mAh x 2 Packs from amazon and it's really a good deal.
henrydavids

Postby bcharlow » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:17 am

Smatree has really impressed me with their products. And they're responsive - something you rarely see in companies these days.
bcharlow

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:29 am

I think they also do a lot of cool extras like including the clip and screw for their chest and head straps. I also like the blue aluminum screw they include. it is really solid stuff.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ansta1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Just to add my bit.

Thanks to SMATREE and the very generous offers, I have a hero4 charger, 2 batteries and one of the G160 cases.

Both products are very well made and presented and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. So much so that I am shortly going to order a couple of extra of the larger cases.

Uber happy camper. Well done and much appreciated SMATREE.
ansta1

Return to Product Reviews