Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Stickie - GoPro Underwater Fix Mods

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Re: Stickie - GoPro Underwater Fix Mods

Postby flareside » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm

sportyone wrote:if this is a free forum, & is independant of GoPro the Company, like freedom of speech etc, why do all the names of products like the flat screen brands or links, removed ?
GoPro don't make a flat lens and it looks as though they are not going to bother, they have had long enough ?
so why can't GoPro owners and forum users be informed about these after market products ? they are not IMO cutting across GoPro ? :)

The answer to your question is back two pages: stickie-gopro-underwater-fix-mods-t629-60.html#p13491.

If you want to know what works, check here: blurfix-adapter-discussion-t3582.html

And BTW, GoPro is on the verge of issuing a flat lens housing as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m583dFRFu18 at about 2:50.
flareside

Postby sportyone » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:48 pm

great man,

may I ask how you edit vid to appear on here or on youtube,

having trouble maintaining quality via imovie on a Mac.

everyone say imovie destroys quality in conversion ?

cheers,
sportyone

Postby sportyone » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:03 pm

dmorovi4 wrote:this is my underwater fokus fix ( similar to rambo`s ) and it works. only different silicon ring between two flat lens

nice job,
looks like GoPro will be copying that one, as it is almost rectangular as it needs to be,
so as to have no cut off or vigneting IMO :)
sportyone

Postby Locutus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:00 am

Update for Case #242054 - "Underwater"

Hi ,

The Dive Housing will be available winter 2012. The flat lens housing features a large, flat lens that captures sharp photos and video above and underwater in any resolution setting. Waterproof to 197ft/60m,.the flat lens housing is ideal for diving, snorkeling, and any underwater filming scenario. The Dive Housing is compatible with the HD HERO, HD HERO@, and all GoPro mounts and accessories.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,
GoPro Support
www.gopro.com/support

Message History
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday , February 20, 2012 07:27 am PST (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Underwater

Español: Saben cuando tendran una solucion oficial para la correccion de foco bajo el agua?

Bad English: You know when have an official solution for the correction of focus under water?

Thanks!!
Locutus

Postby terpro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:48 am

Hi I'm in the Caribbean and diving in clear blue water but pics with gopro2 underwater very disappointing. Cant wait to see your fixes.
terpro

Postby aker4444 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Hey I am From Mexico, I just costumize a GoPro HD2, I put a red flat filter, ando attachet it to a base with two torchs of 220 lumens each I hope tomorrow I will use it for the first time

ImageImage
aker4444

Postby ProjectGoPro » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:56 am

aker4444 wrote:Hey I am From Mexico, I just costumize a GoPro HD2, I put a red flat filter, ando attachet it to a base with two torchs of 220 lumens each I hope tomorrow I will use it for the first time

ImageImage

Very cool, how much was the light setup?? Dam is that stuff expensive!

Looking forward to seeing how that turns out for ya!
YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectGoPro
Travel Blog:
www.terracrux.net
ProjectGoPro

Postby denisn » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:28 am

Hey everyone,

i haven´t received my gopro yet, so i could not try it.
So i was wondering about a cheaper way for a antifog solution.
While reading around here i found some solutions:
-fill case with dry air from airconditioner
- close the case in a dry box, e.g. dried with silica gel
- buy gopro antifog inlays
- use tissue-paper
- use silica perl little bags
- use selfmade silica plates (as seen on instructables)
- use some anti fog spray - does not prevent from fogging, but the fog will be "transparent"

Thats about it.
So i looked around and found some pads similar to the one gopro sells for about 18€ per 50 pieces.
Than i thougt about the material they are made of and searched for whole papers, not the cut pieces one can buy.
On alibaba there are many products in the absorber paper category and they looked quite similar to the one gopro is selling.
In this category i also found beermats!
So my suggestion to you out there is to try out pieces of a beermat as a antifog solution.
I will try it out also as soon as i get my cam.

Let us now how it worked!

best regards!

EDIT:
Btw... could somebody please give me the measurements of the tripod mount, or the "legs" of the gopro case?
As i said, i haven´t received mine yet and i am willing to build some mounts.
denisn

Postby crazyjack002 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:38 am

what exactly does it do?
crazyjack002

Postby SteelBenderMan » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:20 am

Good afternoon GoPro folks. I recently purchase a used Hero. Being new to all topics Hero, what does this DIY accomplish for underwater photo/video?

Thanks in advance.

SteelBenderMan
SteelBenderMan

PreviousNext

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models