Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Stickie - GoPro Underwater Fix Mods

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Stickie - GoPro Underwater Fix Mods

Postby Rambo » Wed May 05, 2010 1:24 pm

OK guy's as promised you get the first look.

>No Vignetting in ANY mode including 720p.
>Removable front plate to access bubble lens and change if desired.
>Very lightweight.
>Filter gel can be placed internal between the black seal which also retains it.
>Room for a circular washer shaped antifog pad internally if required.
>Replaceable front flat port if scratched.
>Proven design concept i.e. other deep water camera housings are made like this.
>Gopro housing remains fully sealed.
>Front flat lens can be removed rendering GoPro as original for land based shots.

Full Details of construction soon and underwater video in all modes.
Costs ..... ummmm i had to buy the special Plexiglass solvent weld bonding tube.

Video is untouched straight from the camera in R3 mode, no sun, overcast, so colors will improve with sunlight. You can see in the fish pond clip circular reflections, this will be fixed when i paint the rear plexiglass area inside the black ring flat black.

1080p mode 5 will probably be sharper again.

Watch in HD full screen

[vimeo]11321008[/vimeo]

1. I'm putting together a parts list and tutorial. plus there is a few small mods to the original that has to be done to stop reflections from inside out.
    2. An anti fogging washer shaped pad.
    3. Installing stops to prevent the top lens from over crushing the o ring when tightened and also popping the ring inwards under pressure.
    4. Black out to stop diffused light hitting the edges of the Plexiglass and causing a soft glow in the picture.

There is also provision for filters and polarizer. internal and external.

I built this for a specific purpose to mount on a counterbalanced pan and tilt 12ft pole with LCD screen at the operators end. The AV out is sent to the LCD via a small RF transmitter either inside the Gopro housing and another version has RF in a removable sealed bulge directly opposite the AV socket.

All is waterproof.

The bond is IPS weld-on #16 solvent based

Rambo
Rambo
Site Admin

Re: Stickie - GoPro Underwater Fix Mods

Postby ProZac » Sat May 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Very Keen!! I am suffering in silence with the GoPros not to good ability to film underwater, You are a very clever man rambo, thats cos you are a QUEENSLANDER :P
"Dont Let Fear Stop You"
ProZac

Postby simoncb » Thu May 27, 2010 4:06 am

I was all set to buy a GoPro for swim stroke analysis until I saw posts about underwater photography quality. Then I saw your video. The potential of the GoPro for this use is very encouraging, high frame speed and underwater. To do this with any other equipment would cost at least $1,000 (cost of a special underwater CCD device and an above water video camera). It would be even better with a RF transmitter and a separate LCD display on the deck. When might you have the parts list for all this.
Simon
simoncb

Postby pastoralex » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:54 am

Would love to see the list for your fix.
Looks great.
Greetings from Mexico. :-D
pastoralex

Postby TommyTott » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:30 am

Any update on the parts list and tutorial??
TommyTott

Postby beetleswamp » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Wow...can't wait to check out the plans! This is going to make my videos soooo much better. Will post of course.
beetleswamp

Postby goprofisho » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 pm

This has got me very excited....I plan on doing a lot of underwater fishing video.....I await with baited breath
goprofisho

Postby adamtoms » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:45 pm

cant wait to see the plans on how to make this! do you have any idea when you will be sharing them? :D
adamtoms

Postby D-B » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Such a good mod, can't wait for the plans.
D-B

Postby Dentexx » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Hello People anda Salut Rambo from Portugal!!!

Will you ever publish the list and procedure to built that amazing flat lens????

Please rambo i can´t whait no longer i boght my goproHD an i really want to start filming my underwater adventures.

Can you please tell me the measures of the acrylic (size of the wole) and the size of the O-ring.

Thank you very much and congrats for your effort

From all the customizations i have seen your is my favorite, dont have any vigneting and dont touch the original case.
Dentexx

Next

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models