Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Stickie - Youtube export settings for Imovie, Quicktime etc

Mac related Editing Software but NOT GoPro Studio

Re: Stickie - Youtube export settings for Imovie, Quicktime

Postby Aartwood » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:54 am

joedesperado wrote:hm, I'm only using final cut pro X since its release last year, works like a charm.
maybe try to set the keyframes to "automatic" and disable frame reordering. which codec are you using? H264?

never mind, finally found something that works! Taken almost 2 weeks but by gosh i'm now one happy chappy! Think it took a combination of all advice given and a LOT of trial and error but I can now upload files again, whoohoo! many thanks for all advice given, these are the EXACT settings I used on my export from imovie 11.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

also hope this helps someone else if they ever get to my position,was in two minds weather to either ditch the camera or ditch the mac!
Aartwood

Postby joedesperado » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:13 am

ha, great you found a solution! :)
just curious: why did you set the framerate to 50, if your video was shot with 30?
and deinterlacing shouldn't be necessary, since the gopro records video only in progressive format. you should really try to change these 2 settings as it should improve the quality of your video!
http://www.facebook.com/Christoph.Oberschneider.Photography
joedesperado

Postby Aartwood » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:24 am

joedesperado wrote:ha, great you found a solution! :)
just curious: why did you set the framerate to 50, if your video was shot with 30?
and deinterlacing shouldn't be necessary, since the gopro records video only in progressive format. you should really try to change these 2 settings as it should improve the quality of your video!

found that the video was actually recorded with 50fps which I forgot, lol however, if i turn the deinterlacing off, it gives me errors when i upload, so safer to keep it on for some reason
Aartwood

Postby Ifti » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 am

I use these settings.....

Ifti

Postby Steffen Inovations » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:39 pm

The iMovie update (although I think it kinda sucks) has actually made uploads way easier for me. All I have to do is click share and type in my descriptions and wait like 15 min. This is my latest video it was recently uploaded and had no problems check it out. All editing was done on iMovie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju8kCc9UtAA
Steffen Inovations

Postby weedsnager » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 am

Was it done on an Imac or Ipad?
weedsnager

Previous

Return to Mac