Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

The Great GoPro Hero3 Audio Test

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

The Great GoPro Hero3 Audio Test

Postby Chadfish » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:50 am

This series of tests is designed to find out just how great the GoPro Hero3's audio capabilities are. You'll hear the Hero3 in every possible audio situation from using the built in microphones to plugging external microphones in, and even a wireless setup.

Chadfish

Re: The Great GoPro Hero3 Audio Test

Postby suryaprihadi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 am

AWESOME CHAD !!!!
Many thanks. Indeed the title deserve the "GREAT" in it.
Again...... Arigato.....Chad-san :mrgreen:
I am a Forum Sponsor not because I sell stuff.
I owe my knowledge to this forum and I would like to do some payback.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Chadfish » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:13 am

My pleasure suryaprihadi! I figured it would be useful to anyone wanting to plug a mic into this great little camera. I'm still confused as to why there is this odd noise and hobbled audio when The Frame is on the camera. I thought maybe it was something in my office, but I tried it outside and got the same sound. I'd like someone to verify this sound with their own Hero3 in The Frame.

Cheers.
Chadfish

Postby suryaprihadi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 am

Ok me will try when me have time yah, that funny sound.
I am not much into sound with GoPro-s...he he he.

Funny is a plastic and non vibrating can have that kind of hum, this is tapeless camcorder too :mrgreen:

Oh yah, how is your XP2 quadcopter doing ? I saw ur test, cool.
I am keen to save some money and buy that. How's the vibration isolation, I mean its simple design but seems to work.
I asked OEM and they said maximum 400 grams or 0.9 pounds camera weight it can carry.
However I need to buy a cheaper QuadCopter to first learn and do the damage....me zero background on RC heli. Used to play RC cars but never even good at it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Something I am still figuring out is........... on the hoovering control of XP2 or any RC flyers, if based on GPS as altitude data.
USA get WAAS GPS correction signal which is considered very good for civilian use, but altitude is weakness of all FOC GPS signal because long and lat can be 5 - 7 meters accurate using WAAS, but altitude can be off much greater. I know this because my company hire surveyor for river bathymetry survey and the use special C-NAV GPS correction signal to measure river surface water elevation and these kind of correction signal is a paid service and not cheap.

Unless RC flight control uses laser rangefinder for altitude lower than 25 meters, I have worry using GPS because in my country we do not get GPS correction signal the WAAS like USA does. Sometimes in good weather we do get the Japanese correction signal called MSAS or maybe Indian GAGAN which is like USA WAAS, however I can't tell which because GPS unit only shows correction signal received and no special ID.
However, my country is on the outside limit of those signals and weak ones I get.... :( and not 100% of the time too.

Thanks Chad....
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby RichardC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 am

As you say, GPS is not really accurate enough in altitude (although as you're not looking for an absolute reading, just relative ones over a few minutes, the situation would not be hopeless). In consequence most, in fact every multicopter altitude control I've come accross, use a barometric altimeter for control - they can be pretty accurate at holding a hover - often to +/- 0.5 metre or better.
RichardC

Postby suryaprihadi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:20 pm

RichardC wrote:As you say, GPS is not really accurate enough in altitude (although as you're not looking for an absolute reading, just relative ones over a few minutes, the situation would not be hopeless). In consequence most, in fact every multicopter altitude control I've come accross, use a barometric altimeter for control - they can be pretty accurate at holding a hover - often to +/- 0.5 metre or better.

Nice Richard, thanks.....this is good news.
How does the controller/CPU knows at what altitude it originally took off from if one uses the auto return home & landing feature ?
Is there some sort of memory which logged last seconds of zero speed motor speed as landing spot ?

If we set hoovering mode and using the barometric, that will be really nice yah..

Thanks again.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Postby Chadfish » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Sury I don't really want to get into an RC Quadcopter discussion here, as it's a GoPro Audio forum. I do not use GPS though. I fly totally manually.
Chadfish

Postby RichardC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes, the controller initialises itself before takeoff. It gets altitude info immediately but the GPS position takes longer. If you rush into the air before it's fixed position and subsequently activate Return to Home (RTH) it may head off to where it was when it got its first GPS position.
RichardC

Postby RichardC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Chadfish wrote:Sury I don't really want to get into an RC Quadcopter discussion here, as it's a GoPro Audio forum. I do not use GPS though. I fly totally manually.

Yes, good point - although quite a few GoPros are getting rides in RC aircraft nowadays.
RichardC

Postby suryaprihadi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 am

Oky doky guys, thanks for info, its all I need hehehe. Gracias.
suryaprihadi
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models