Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

Tips for mounting on motorcycle?

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Re: Tips for mounting on motorcycle?

Postby peter nap » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 pm

I use the helmet mount as much as possible. When I can't, I use a chest mount and when I want a lower view, I have a leg mount I made.
Your body is just better at reducing shock than any mount I've found. Hooking it to my bike reminds me of putting wheels on my flycam.

I even use my helmet mount to shoot when I don't want recoil jolting the shot. I get a lot of looks...but so what :lol:

[vimeo]20171290[/vimeo]
peter nap

Postby scuddygixer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:56 am

Ive only just got my hd motorsports hero kit and also have played with the suction mount quite a bit, I also tried the anti roll bar mount on my crash bung but the vibration is to much and has marked my camera quite badly. without the vibration the crash bung position would be awesome, Im still trying 2 find a better place to mount it.
scuddygixer

Postby peter nap » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:37 am

Greg_E wrote:
joeknapton wrote:

Sure looks like a Bogen Superclamp to me, I see nothing to isolate the vibrations.

Yep!
peter nap

Postby 901Roadking » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Check out www.HogTagCollar. com fork mounts for motorcycles. They are good platforms for filming. Very steady
901Roadking

Previous

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models