Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email [email protected]

trying to create a head mount that doesnt look sooo.... ugly

Gopro User forum. This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

trying to create a head mount that doesnt look sooo.... ugly

Postby torr.gore » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:19 am

okay so im a female and i think the head mount is ugly for the go pro so i want to create a more girly one however im not sure how. advise? im mainly going to be using my go pro at concerts and events and random things. i would prefer the camera to be on the side of my head instead of the top. so if anyone has made something similar or has ideas for me please post. Thank you :)
torr.gore

Re: trying to create a head mount that doesnt look sooo....

Postby BlueBomberTurbo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:24 am

If it'll be mounted on your head, but hanging off the side, it won't be comfortable at all. If you wear baseball caps at all, just get one and pop a hole through the bill. Then just screw on a tripod mount. Or a chest mount harness, depending on what you wear.
BlueBomberTurbo

Postby flareside » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:51 am

Short of attacking your current head band with a bedazzler, there are not a whole lot of options out there. One suggestion if you can handle a center mount would be stickie-show-off-your-hdgopro-diy-mounts-t1969-280.html#p36586 except use a tennis visor and set the mount facing forward so you can eliminate the transitional vertical extension. (Ref also: micbergsma-s-tips-t3804-80.html#p59328)

Side mounting will be far more difficult without using a helmet. You might be able to pull it off using one of those flexible plastic hair bands but finding one of sufficient strength and grip to support the weight of a gopro off the side would be difficult. You might be able to get it to work with a counterbalance (ref: what-would-we-do-if-there-were-no-gopros-t9940.html) but you would still be faced with finding one with sufficient material strength that it won't flex too much and won't crack in half.

If you can work with a helmet, there's always the beer helmet. Just replace one of the can mounts with a GoPro mount. :D
Last edited by flareside on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
flareside

Postby GoPro#1Fan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:42 am

If you don't like the head strap mount, you can get nice videos with the chest mount (but... it's ugly also :) ).

This's a Mitch's video showing the chest mount in a school:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEgbMgFzUzU
GoPro#1Fan

Postby wetstuff » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:45 am

"You can't get there from here."

There's no getting around looking like you have a plastic tumor on your head. As a woman you could head to the wig shop and get away with something really crazy we would take a beating for ..maybe hide the cam in that nest.

I would probably take a monopod ..maybe make one that really extends, were you could extend it 5 feet overhead and still have it grounded for stability... Or are these places where you need to hide the cam?

The GoPro head strap is the best of the lot - for that purpose.

Jim
wetstuff

Postby DontCageMeBro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Here is what I did... Can use whatever hat you like. I use this fishing/hiking and it works great. Sticky mount is countersunk and small bolt/nut mounting it to hat.
DontCageMeBro

Postby BlaRock86 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:24 am

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:If it'll be mounted on your head, but hanging off the side, it won't be comfortable at all. If you wear baseball caps at all, just get one and pop a hole through the bill. Then just screw on a tripod mount. Or a chest mount harness, depending on what you wear.

² I use a baseball cap with the tripod mount all the time when airsofting.

It's a little bit front heavy, but since we wear safety-goggles, I put the goggle-strap over the back of the baseball cap, so it kind off eliminates the front-pulling of the gopro.
BlaRock86

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models