Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Turbo Ace X720 quadcopter - thinking about getting one

This Old Forum is unlocked but ARCHIVED

Turbo Ace X720 quadcopter - thinking about getting one

Postby Saleen880549 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:31 am

I am thinking about maybe trying one of these ( with camera mount ) this spring to try video some hobby car racing ( autocross ) we do from the air and maybe even some drag racing half way down the track.

and video other things too.

This is coming out this month, anyone seen this and maybe planning to get one? last year I was thinking a med/larger sized helicopter but thinking this might be more stable and smother to fly.

I do wonder if it will fit with the gopro tripod mount and housing, it might/should fit. I will watch the hobby forums and see what people think of this and decide in late March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOpPwO8EjsI

http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboacex720multi-rotorpreorder.aspx

The Turbo Ace X720 is designed for FPV and professional photographic and video applications aside from its recreational high performance capabilities. It has an extra large payload of 3.1 pound verses its predecessor T580 with only 1.6 pound payload. The X720 has the capability to carry a Canon, Nikon DSLR camera, most function packed hardisk camcorders or an extra large battery that increases it fight time to more than 30 minutes.

FEATURES
High payload: Carries up to 3.1 pounds of photo/video equipment
FPV: Ultra stability and advanced functions suitable for first person view
Pilot friendly: Auto leveling and altitude hold for ease of control
Low noise: Great for commercial aerial video and photo applications

PERFORMANCE
Low noise- Direct drive low kv BL motors with 12 inch high pitch low revolution propellers
Maximum efficiency segment up to 12g / W. 6 DOF motion control with high-performance
MEMS sensor technology, impact resistance and low drift.
Altitude hold with build-in barometric sensor
Intuitive operation, with two-dimensional self-stabilization head support
Specification:

Assembled & Tested Turbo Ace Muti-Rotor Quad
4 Upgraded Direct Drive Outrunner Motors powered by 4 x ESCs
Cutting Edge Controller with Auto Leveling & Altitude Hold with 3-Axis gyro
Expanded Dimensions for Extra Wind Tolerance
Counter Rotating Design for Maximum Stability
3.1 LB Payload For Additional Equipment and Optional Features
Optional Camera Mount with Dual Shock Absorption and Vibration Dampening system
Optional 2.4GHz Receiver and Transmitter (4 or more Channels Spread Spectrum)
Optional Lipo Battery Selections for Optimized Flight Time or Payload
Dimensions: 615 x 615 x 243mm (tolerance = 3mm)
Expanded Dimensions: 892 x 892 x 243mm
Motor Wheel Base: 580mm (tolerance = 3mm)
Propellers: 1260 High Pitch Positive and Negative Counter Rotating Propellers
Battery Requirement: Lipo 1,800mAh 20C 3S 1P or larger (Up to 10,000mAh for 30+ min flight time)
Assembled Weight: 770g (not including battery, receiver & camera mount)
All-in Weight: 990g (including battery & receiver)
Maximum Payload with 1P Battery: 1,406g (3.1 lb)
Package Includes:

Fully assembled X720 ARF quadcopter
4 brushless outrunner motors with 4 x ESCs
Batteries, receiver, transmitter, camera and camera mount are not included
Wow Hobbies is the exclusive master distributor for Turbo Ace X720. We are now accepting dealers. To qualify, you must have a RC website of significant product selections. Please use the "Contact Us" tab to submit your website information. The X720 has a map price of $499.95 to better protect our dealers.

Saleen880549

Re: Turbo Ace X720 quadcopter - thinking about getting one

Postby Saleen880549 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 am

OH, here is a thread on this quad copter

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368325

Now, I have also thought about saving the $150 for the camera mount and making my own like this one. I like all the absorbion idea's/plans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwTfbfncTLY
Saleen880549

Postby large » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:20 pm

It's a great idea, i'm completely obsessed with getting a quad copter at the moment and am saving every penny (or dollar where ever you are). I think i'm keen to try the Gaui 330x. it has been around for a while and is quite proven. I'm always a little worried about brand new designs.
I cant wait to get one and see if it can even make me some money ! cant stop thinking about all the things i could film and take pics of.

http://vimeo.com/18328124
large

Postby Saleen880549 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:01 am

large wrote:I cant wait to get one and see if it can even make me some money ! cant stop thinking about all the things i could film and take pics of.

http://vimeo.com/18328124

New, I would just wait a month and see what everyone thinks of it and then buy it.

Ya, I have thought about this too. Do a video for a expensive home for sale by flying and taking video of the home and yard area.

I want to use it for hobby car racing and drag racing video down the side of the track,

Could be fun and neat footage.

Brian
Saleen880549

Return to Old Forum Topics - Tips, Tricks and DIY Customizations - ALL Models